First kit for 2024, A Malta Spitfire Mk Vb in 1/72 from Operation "Insect" delivered by HMS Eagle. Use by 1435 Sq 1942. Kit Tamiya.

16 hours ago, bennyboi said:

Excellent weathering for a 1/72 kit, getting good results is hard on this scale. Overall, well done!

Thank you very much.

Alain

21 hours ago, YorkshireT said:

Very nice touches on the diorama, the bike laid down made me smile. Well done 👍.

Thank you very much.

Alain

Read the 190 RFI first so disregard the question about coming back to the Malta theme.  This pretty much answers that question.  Great looking Spit.  Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks 1

On 10/01/2024 at 23:56, 112 Squadron said:

Nice to see the first add-on for 2024 to your Malta collection.

Thank you very much mate. More to come this year.

Alain

20 hours ago, georgeusa said:

Read the 190 RFI first so disregard the question about coming back to the Malta theme.  This pretty much answers that question.  Great looking Spit.  Thanks for sharing.

Thank you very much and welcome mate.

But for next week, something different and not usual for me, but it was a birthday present.

You'll have to wait a wile for my next Malta Spitfire. Nothing on the WIP.

Some MTO and not only British.

Alain

Now that's what I like to see in RFI, a well made kit finished to a very good standard that we can all aspire and relate to.

A refreshing change from the micro detail experts who often share their professional wares that are way beyond the skills of the majority.

Keep on building and inspiring us all.

Super job!

Pat.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, PatG said:

Now that's what I like to see in RFI, a well made kit finished to a very good standard that we can all aspire and relate to.

A refreshing change from the micro detail experts who often share their professional wares that are way beyond the skills of the majority.

Keep on building and inspiring us all.

Super job!

Pat.

Thank you very much Pat.

I like very much your comment, about my way of modeling.

Alain

• Thanks 1

It's great to have a 'non-professional' modeller submit their latest creations and you are one of the very best in this regard and I love all the kits you have posted.

Just getting bored seeing numerous professional 'micro-detail' 72nd scale kits in RFI that do nothing to inspire the less gifted, so perhaps we need to split RFI into 'professionals' and 'normal/average modeller' categories perhaps?

That way the professionals can then share their latest creations with each other and go off to win awards whilst sparing the rest of us their indulgence.

Just a thought from a very average modeller.

Pat.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, PatG said:

It's great to have a 'non-professional' modeller submit their latest creations and you are one of the very best in this regard and I love all the kits you have posted.

Just getting bored seeing numerous professional 'micro-detail' 72nd scale kits in RFI that do nothing to inspire the less gifted, so perhaps we need to split RFI into 'professionals' and 'normal/average modeller' categories perhaps?

That way the professionals can then share their latest creations with each other and go off to win awards whilst sparing the rest of us their indulgence.

Just a thought from a very average modeller.

Pat.

Thank you very much mate and welcome.

I made my models for my pleasure, not for conpetition.

Alain

• Like 1

8 hours ago, François Escudé said:

salut Alain ,good job again , always amazed of your production rate ! 

Bonne année !

Bien merci François. 2 models made every week.

Next 2 ones this PM

Bonne année aussi

Alain

18 hours ago, Phantome said:

I visited Malta this past year and really want to build a Malta Spit. This is inspiring me further 🙂

Welcome.

Alain