6ILlaNd.jpg

yUKqq1g.jpg

3pTJqaQ.jpg

CDQsusz.jpg

EoArdwI.jpg

mDOK85X.jpg

Hey folks, not finished anything for a l-o-n-g time hence not been around. Bought this in 1991 in a wee model shop my mate owned in Southport and it's been on the shelf ever since. Dragged it to the bench before Christmas to keep me out of trouble over the holidays - which it pretty-much has.

Other than the ALQ pod and the mid-1980's Microscale decals, what you see here is exactly what came in the box. Definitely not my best work, but wonderful nostalgia trip (even painted it with Humbrol enamels).

All comments, criticism and questions welcomed -

Happy New year everyone.

Ian.

• Like 54

Well done, sir!
The F-4E version of this kit was the first model I built when returning to the hobby a few years ago. It was a nostalgic experience for me, too, having originally built this kit when it first came out. 

• Like 2

Nice build, thank you for sharing. It seems that 1/72 scale Hasegawa "Photo Phantoms" are hard to find these days. 

• Like 1

It's been a while since we've seen a 1/72 Hasegawa Rhino  around here, and this one was worth the wait! Very nice camouflage  and very realistic color demarcation as well as the metal tones on the keel and stabilizers!Well done! :goodjob:

Mike

• Thanks 1

Lovely model.

Having lived under the approach to Bergstrom AFB in the 1980s/early 1990s I saw a steady stream of RF-4s (and many other types) on a daily basis.  When they started doing wraparound camouflage, I wondered why, until one day I saw an F-4 go into a 90* bank and for a few seconds couldn't tell if he was turning toward me or away.  A few seconds is all it takes for an advantage in aerial combat.

Cheers

• Like 2