1/72 curtain?

I want to model a tarpaulin hanging vertically off a metal frame in 1/72 scale.  You will be able to see all around this frame, so the tarpaulin will need to be roughly scale thickness, but look as though it is hanging properly.  

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to do this?

Thanks.

Kitchen foil is probably your best bet. You can shape it to fit and then prime and paint. In larger scales I've used tissue daubed with thinned white glue. Allow to dry and paint. 

Someone recently recommended cigarette papers to me.  I have tried them once so far and was very pleased with results: thinner with finer “weave” than tissue, more conformable than thin polythene.  A bit of water to help them conform and thinned PVA glue to stick in place and fix folds.  Try it - a quid’s worth of paper will last you a lifetime! 

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/4/2024 at 4:14 AM, Pete in Lincs said:

Kitchen foil is probably your best bet. You can shape it to fit and then prime and paint. In larger scales I've used tissue daubed with thinned white glue. Allow to dry and paint. 

I agree about using kitchen foil. That’s how I made curtains for my 1/72 Lockheed Electra:

49766191413_f3c3f09489_b.jpg

49766191448_e5739d1460_b.jpg

• Like 3