Doctor Who - The Musical

I've just watched the Doctor Who Christmas special, The Church On Ruby Road.   I wasn't impressed.  :fraidnot:  The musical number was frankly embarrassing. 

I quite like the new Doctor, but I have some advice for Ncuti Gatwa.  Pick an accent and stick with it! 

The "mavity" joke from Wide Blue Yonder is back, which could be a good thing if it becomes a recurring plot point with the Doctor attempting to put things right again.    I also think that the woman who dropped Baby Ruby off at the church is actually Ruby herself.  The next season could set up an "-All You Zombies-" type paradox.

Is Mrs Flood an associate of The Master?   Maybe she's the woman who picked up the Toymaker's tooth at the end of the last episode. 

There is room for improvement.  Just :please: no more musical numbers.

But at least the Doctor is wearing pants now. 

And why, oh why did they not show Davina McCall being attacked by a moose? :lol: 

• Sad 1

On 26/12/2023 at 19:54, Enzo the Magnificent said:

Just :please: no more musical numbers.

You are not going to like the "Daleks and the Chocolate Factory" Episode then:

Come with meeeee!

And you'll seeee!

A world of pure EXTERMINATION!!!!

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...

I gave up on "New" Who after the end of Capaldi when they strung episodes and had the dumbest transition of Doctors ever which made number 13 seem like a blithering idiot. I saw the first 10 minutes of episode 1 and it looked like they reinvented the series and not for the better, so I laid it to rest.

The old series was better to start with, in my opinion, but the Beeb did a smashing job with some of the new episodes, so props to them.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2024 at 11:34 PM, Modelling Masochist said:

but the Beeb did a smashing job with some of the new episodes, so props to them.

From what I've read, Disney are now putting some major money in to the Doctor - one rumour I read was that each episode is costing between 7 and 10 million dollars. How true is this? To be honest, I have no idea. 

Before anyone asks the inevitable "How on earth can it cost that much?" question, that is now considered a "low-budget" production. Amazon's Lord of the Rings streaming-series is rumoured to have cost $55 to 60 Million PER EPISODE. By the way, it looked great, but the scripts absolutely sucked, big time.

Cheers. 

Chris.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spruecutter96 said:

From what I've read, Disney are now putting some major money in to the Doctor

Unfortunately that means it will go even more woke than it already is...  :shrug:    I don't mind diversity in telly progammes - in fact I support it - but I do object to being constantly beaten over the head with The Message.