Jump to content

THE LAST STAND King Tiger II


Recommended Posts

Oh my! That’s very, very nice. I can see why these end of war beasts in rust and primer are so popular with builders, but you’ve absolutely nailed this one. A brilliant combination of wildly random varieties of finish and colour, but treated with subtle and convincing weathering. Brilliant work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/18/2023 at 4:46 PM, Armorrich said:

That's armored art!!! Absolutely beautiful to look at and study. I like KT's sans the mudguards and this looks great. Just great work all around. 

 

Cheers...Rich 

Hi Rich,

thank you very much for your great comment, glad you like it, most appreciated!

Cheers

Hans

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/18/2023 at 6:38 PM, StuartH said:

I love all the contrasting parts of this model.

Very eye catching and brilliantly finished 👏

Hi Stuart,

many thanks for your kind words, highly appreciated!

Cheers

Hans

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/19/2023 at 2:24 PM, ErikT said:

Why do I keep looking at things that make me feel inadequate?  Your model is astoundingly well done.

Hi Erik,

😀....thank you very much, glad you like it, most appreciated

Cheers

Hans

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 17/12/2023 at 22:52, supersonic said:

My intention was to create a war beaten vehicle that also shows the lack of everything on the german side at the very end of the war....

And you've achieved that in spades. The weathering on this is superb. Being partly in primer and partly in paint, lends to the feel of the drastic measures that were taken at the time. Very well done.

 

John.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/20/2023 at 7:31 PM, FrancisGL said:

Hi Hans,

It is a magnificent KT, with a "FrankenTiger" look, it projects an aura of metal, heavy, as it should be.
Great job with the red primer.
Very good photos and well presented.
I finished my KT Henshel in tritone camo, even so I see similarities with yours in terms of techniques.

Cheers

Francis.👍

Hi Francis,

many thanks for your great comment, most appreciated!

Looking forward to your KT......

Cheers

Hans

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/22/2023 at 4:26 PM, Baldy said:

That looks great - very convincing indeed. It actually looks heavy!

 

Was it based on any pictures or purely description and imagination?

 

Cheers

 

Malcolm

Hi Malcom,

thanks a lot Mate for your great comment!

No pictures, just a general idea/imagination how the outcome should look like....

Cheers

Hans

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/23/2023 at 12:49 AM, Model Mate said:

Oh my! That’s very, very nice. I can see why these end of war beasts in rust and primer are so popular with builders, but you’ve absolutely nailed this one. A brilliant combination of wildly random varieties of finish and colour, but treated with subtle and convincing weathering. Brilliant work.

Hi Model Mate,

Thank you very much for your great comment, glad you like it, appreciated!

Cheers

Hans

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/27/2023 at 4:18 PM, Bullbasket said:

And you've achieved that in spades. The weathering on this is superb. Being partly in primer and partly in paint, lends to the feel of the drastic measures that were taken at the time. Very well done.

 

John.

Hi John,

thanks for your great comment, most appreciated!

 

Cheers

Hans

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brilliant… just fantastic!

Amongst the best I’ve seen this year or ever!

I’m working on a 1/35 Tamiya Jagdtiger (Henschel) and looking for a good German Oxide undercoat. Would you be kind enough to share what products you used?

I know its a big ask!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2024 at 2:45 PM, Nobby61UK said:

Brilliant… just fantastic!

Amongst the best I’ve seen this year or ever!

I’m working on a 1/35 Tamiya Jagdtiger (Henschel) and looking for a good German Oxide undercoat. Would you be kind enough to share what products you used?

I know its a big ask!

 

Hi Nobby,

thanks for your generous words, concerning your question, basically i used  a mix of Tamiya XF9 & XF7 here but this was just my base to which i add many different orange and red colors & pigments...

Hope this helps

Cheers

Hans

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Just excellent work, the thin paint layer applied very professionally. The entire model looks at the PRO skill level.

Cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...