What is "super stick polish stone pen" AKA "grinding pen"

TheKinksFan

I ordered one of these Galaxy Model "grinding pens" https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33027364811.html

They look like mechanical pencils, but the core is obviously made of something else than graphite. Does these have another name that is more widely used? One of the problems with many Chinese tools is that is difficult to find reviews of them. Does anyone have experience with this kind of pencil? What's the material of the core, is it fragile? I ordered one with a 0.5mm core. I'm hoping that the tool will be useful in cleaning small parts.

It sounds rather like the contact cleaning pencils that I used as an electrician and still use for cleaning PE prior to soldering, and sanding in very tight places. The core is mad up from glass fibres. Try to avoid getting the dust anywhere sensitive, especially the eyes!

• Thanks 1

On 15/12/2023 at 11:08, Bertie McBoatface said:

It sounds rather like the contact cleaning pencils that I used as an electrician and still use for cleaning PE prior to soldering, and sanding in very tight places. The core is mad up from glass fibres. Try to avoid getting the dust anywhere sensitive, especially the eyes!

Thank you for the warning, getting that dust in the eyes would be really unpleasant. I have one fibreglass pen, and it's core has individual bristles. I'm not so sure that the one I now ordered is made from fibreglass, it's core is 0.5mm. They have different widths from 0.5mm to 4mm. The core is solid and has also different grits, so I think it's made of something hard, like stone.

56 minutes ago, TheKinksFan said:

Thank you for the warning, getting that dust in the eyes would be really unpleasant. I have one fibreglass pen, and it's core has individual bristles. I'm not so sure that the one I now ordered is made from fibreglass, it's core is 0.5mm. They have different widths from 0.5mm to 4mm. The core is solid and has also different grits, so I think it's made of something hard, like stone.

I'm now as curious as you are to know what it is. Don't forget to let us know when you receive it. 🙂

53 minutes ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

I'm now as curious as you are to know what it is. Don't forget to let us know when you receive it. 🙂

👍I will do that, if it's a good tool, I'm sure many will be interested.