Invicta DC4

I have at last realised a life`s ambition of modelling an aircraft from my formative years of the early 1970`s. This is the Revell DC4 kit released a while ago. The decals are from F- Resin .

Hope you like it.

S0080216

S0070213

S0060209

S0040205

S0010199

S0370286

DSCF0197

DSCF0196

DSCF0194

DSCF0193

DSCF0192

DSCF0190

Thank you for looking.

Keith

• Like 57
  • Thanks 2

Great build of this lovely looking aircraft. The paint work and livery look superb and must have taken forever. Even at 1/72 I wouldn’t have the room for it!

Again great build.

Cheers

Mark.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

Excellent model, thanks for sharing.

"Take-off to Touchdown: The Invicta Airlines Story" by Malcom Finnis is an excellent read if you haven't come across it.

Dave G

Malcolm is an old family friend from years back. He did an excellent job on Invicta and Air Ferry.

Keith 

• Like 2

Looked great at the club tonight. 

Those were the days when we had real aeroplanes.

Nice one Keith.

Dick

Ps Fancy working your way through the whole Invicta Airways fleet??

• Like 2

This is a masterpiece, and I know what you went through to get it to look this good!  The DC-4 tickles my fancy in all its forms, and the Revell kit nails it.  With the two side-by-side pitot tubes in the nose and the small carb intakes, it must be a C-54 without a suffix, right?  

Please tell us more about your experiences with the real thing!!!

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for your kind comments and appreciations. This took a bit to get over the line but I am happy with it and a Viking is lurking for the new year. My dad worked for both Air Ferry and Invicta through the sixties and ended with the last wrap up in 1980 as stock controller with responsibility for despatch of the remaining assets under his control. As a young lad my brother and I would go to work with dad if he was called out to open the stores out of school time, evenings and weekends. We could within reason go anywhere at that time and moving around the DC4's and Vanguards was inspiring. I joined Invicta Aircraft Engineering on leaving school at the end of 1975. We had two Britannia's then which were fun to fly in until Invicta closed again in 79/80 and I left for a career outside of aviation.

Keith 

• Like 2

Very nice. I still have my MACH kit of the DC-4 in Buffalo Airways colours. Waiting in the wings for my possible comeback to modelling is a 1/144 Minicraft DC-4 in the Candy Bomber boxing. But i have a British Eagle set for it .

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paul J said:

Very nice. I still have my MACH kit of the DC-4 in Buffalo Airways colours. Waiting in the wings for my possible comeback to modelling is a 1/144 Minicraft DC-4 in the Candy Bomber boxing. But i have a British Eagle set for it .

More heavy pistons are needed Paul. The Invicta decals were printed for a special Mach 2 boxing but I managed a purchase without the kit!

Keith 

• Like 1