Royal Navy Landing Craft Tank-5, "2272" 1/350

WIP here:

This RN LCT-5 is modified from the Black Cat Models kit with the following:

1)  Ramp "Mulock" extensions

2)  Raised Bridge

3)  Attached mast

Vehicles are from L'Arsenal and stowage is all Black Cat including the small mine-sweeping floats as these craft often served as Auxiliary Minesweepers

Nov 25 2023_5978

Nov 25 2023_5979

Nov 25 2023_5980

Nov 25 2023_5987

Nov 25 2023_5983

Nov 25 2023_5982

Nov 25 2023_5985

Thanks for looking

Rob

• Like 54
  • Thanks 1

That's a little gem Rob. The colour contrast between the vehicles and internals of the deck, against the hull and superstructure colouring really makes it stand out. Also love that effect you have achieved in the wake.

Top job.

Terry

• Thanks 1

Another great little build there Rob with all the usual high standards of details and weathering.

I keep forgetting about L' Arsenal products those vehicles look very nice.

Stay Safe

beefy

• Thanks 1

Thanks everybody - really appreciate your very kind comments and Likes.

23 hours ago, beefy66 said:

I keep forgetting about L' Arsenal products those vehicles look very nice.

Stay Safe

beefy

Hi Beefy - Ben' Dad used to own L'Arsenal - he tells me he designed the vehicles and they are absolutely Fab.  I wanted something a little less mundane than the Priests and Shermans supplied (which are themselves rather spiffy)

13 hours ago, Farmerboy said:

Well to my eye everything about this is right, so so good, well done Wiltshire boy!

Thanks and Hope you're on the mend FB!!

Rob

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

An excellent rendition of an unsung hero going about its daily job-of-work.

Fascinated by the small, mundane details that you have added which help bring the whole scene to life, particularly the chap lugging his kitbag across the vehicle deck!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Richard E said:

An excellent rendition of an unsung hero going about its daily job-of-work.

Fascinated by the small, mundane details that you have added which help bring the whole scene to life, particularly the chap lugging his kitbag across the vehicle deck!

Thanks Richard - appreciate that.  Ben at Black Cat has done all sorts of detail sets that have largely passed unnoticed but make a real difference.  Look at lots of WW2 pics and there's clutter!  The original intention here was to have a LA Barrage balloon flying from the deck and if you look carefully at the rear of the loading bay there are cylinders that would have fitted nicely.  As the build went on I wasn't certain that the balloon would detract.  My faves are the rope coils that are visible fore and aft that just blend in but are invaluable.  I nagged for ages :lol::whistle:

Cheers

Rob

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...