A320 CEO with sharklets

Whisperjet

Hi all

I am planning to build two A320CEO with sharklets of my current employer Discover Airlines.

Here the problem is that kitbashing would be required.

I could either buy the Zvezda/Revell A320NEO kits and then try to get CFM-56 engines from another kit (the old Revell kit) or do it other way round and buy the Zvezda A320CEO and add the sharklets from a NEO kit.

Can anybody think of a better solution that would prevent me from buying 4 kits to have two planes?

Regards

Stefan

Hello Stefan

TBH, since the final models are CEO, I would go for CEO kits and then you can get some aftermaket sharklets  ( Ebay is very helpful ) or you can build them by yourself, it's not a big job. 

If you prefer to go on the other way, buy NEO kits and then you can easily find CFM56 engines on ebay.... I have few couples too remaining from previous kits. You can also get from Laci some with cowls open.... or Thrust reversers deployed.

Good luck

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Whisperjet said:

Hi all

I am planning to build two A320CEO with sharklets of my current employer Discover Airlines.

Here the problem is that kitbashing would be required.

I could either buy the Zvezda/Revell A320NEO kits and then try to get CFM-56 engines from another kit (the old Revell kit) or do it other way round and buy the Zvezda A320CEO and add the sharklets from a NEO kit.

Can anybody think of a better solution that would prevent me from buying 4 kits to have two planes?

Regards

Stefan

There is a far easier approach. Buy the Zvezda A320ceo (kit no.7003 Aeroflot colours) and use the superfluous sharklets that are included in the kit. I can confirm that they're there as I'm building this kit at the moment (but not using said sharklets).  

If you want to confirm this for yourself, find a Youtube review of the kit and you should get a look at the sprue contents as most reviewers show them at the start of their videos.

Regards

Gary

• Like 3