What's your latest purchase?

Keeff

Some Panzer III Type 3A tracks from Quick Tracks and 3D Printed German WWII clamps from MJ Miniatures 

Edited by geoawelch
  • Like 1

Been fairly frugal recently due to a cash flow issue and a poor buy to build ratio, cash flow solved, came into a not insubstantial windfall and indeed finished a fair few bills so sorted my birthday (next Sunday) present out, a trumpeter su24 is on its way from an eu seller via Amazon , should be here in time :) 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Been fairly frugal recently due to a cash flow issue and a poor buy to build ratio, cash flow solved, came into a not insubstantial windfall and indeed finished a fair few bills so sorted my birthday (next Sunday) present out, a trumpeter su24 is on its way from an eu seller via Amazon , should be here in time :) 

A little early but Happy B-day Stu, hope it will be a great day for you. 

• Like 1

More 3D printed kits from SS Model.

Ordered 5th June via Amazon (UK) and arrived today from China well ahead of estmated 10 - 20th July delivery time. The Colossus looks very nice indeed, although she'll need railings and a very sharp blade to extricate the masts and boats from their cages.

The submarine is tiny (D'oh! What d'you expect at 1/700?), but looks quite simple to put together (famous last words...)

20240615-131017.jpg

• Like 8

From The Aviation Bookshop

Been having a bit of a tidy and reorganisation of my bookshelves and realised that I had missed some of the earlier ‘Duke Hawkins Flying With Air Forces Around The World’ series from HMH Publications which I have now corrected with -

002 Lockheed-Martin F-16 Fighting Falcon (2017)

004 MiG-29 Fulcrum (2018)

006 Eurofighter Typhoon (2019)

007 Saab Viggen (2019)

008 Boeing F/A-18 A/B & C/D (2019)

Also got one of their more recent releases which confusingly is among several that other sellers still have as a future release

C003 Hawker Hurricane (2023)

From The East Neuk Model Show in Cupar

From various club tables and traders

Tamiya 61605*500 1/100 F-4EJ Phantom II kit (2004 re-release)

Grand Phoenix #KT001 1/48 Fairey Firefly Mk.1 kit , Aeromaster by another name with their decals , a photo-etch sprue , resin details and plastic parts which would later be released as the AZ Firefly kits.

Eduard 8054 1/48 Bf 108B Taifun kit , 2009 ProfiPACK re-release with photo-etch and masks.

Hobby 2000 48024 1/48 MiG-29A/AS and 48026 1/48 MiG-29UB Fulcrum in Czech And Slovak Service kits , Academy parts with masks and new decals.

Aircraft Of The Aces No. 48 Arab-Israeli Air Wars 1947-67 and No. 49 Arab-Israeli Air Wars 1967-87 books , 2001 part-work re-releases by Del Prado of the earlier Osprey titles by Shlomo Aloni.

Aeromaster 48-436 1/48 Storms In The Sky Part X Typhoon Mk.1B decals

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

A little early but Happy B-day Stu, hope it will be a great day for you. 

Cheers.      Anyway some more splurging from me, ordered a few more ak interactive paints from wayland games and got selection of beverages from the supermarket, there’s a soccer tournament to watch 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

The new Eduard Spitfire Mk.IX Weekend Ed with 485 Sqn. marking option. Also threw in masks and PE to bring it up to Profipack spec. Always liked that little pink elephant.

• Like 3

I bought a 1/32 Revell Spitfire MK.1xc, a special hobby 1/72 short Sunderland III, both 1/48 Tamiya Mosquito, a Bristol Beaufighter Revell TF.x to go with the Bristol Beaufighter IF night fighter and the ICM Bristol Beaufort MK1 Torpedo Bomber and that’s the lot till I get the hang of this hobby as it’s time I finished something so here I go, wish me luck. 🙂

• Like 4

Not modeling related, but I bought myself a Father's Day present. I got tired of constantly having to replace my weed sprayer because the manual pump failed, and the sprayer wouldn't build pressure. So today I bought myself this:

100_0300

The pump/battery is in the handle. It has good reviews, so I splurged $99 for it. I get a summer bonus from work next Friday, so I just look at it as borrowing from myself! I have the battery charging as I type this.

Unfortunately, today is not going to be a good day to test it. While the fact that it's hot and humid outside doesn't factor into it, the fact that we've had a pretty stiff wind all day does! Don't need weed killer being blown all over everywhere!

Edited by flyboy2610
  • Like 5

I bought a book. 

p?i=b6dd41a3043d2fa72e1c216bb945870c

This probably won't mean much to many on here so I'll explain.

In the 1980s, as a teenager with a growing interest in cars, Fast Lane was my favourite car magazine. Peter Dron was the magazine's editor. He had a particular, very dry, sense of humour in his writing. This book is a collection of his personal anecdotes from his career as a motor journalist.

Not a legend like LJK Setright nor famous like Clarkson, but the magazine that he helmed was a significant influence on my development as a young car enthusiast. It's quite a pleasure to be reading his work once again, particularly in a book that allows him to let his hair down, so to speak.

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Pajarito said:

Uh-oh... that brand name would surely trigger a lot of loud laughter down here :giggle:

I've seen names from other countries that gave me the same reaction! 😉

3 minutes ago, flyboy2610 said:

I've seen names from other countries that gave me the same reaction! 😉

Indeed! I completely agree on that! 😁 There's a town in the suburbia that goes by the name of Morón, which is the town where the Aeronautic Museum happens to be located in. Foreigners (Yanks fellas for the most), that I've taken visiting that museum laugh their bottoms out like mad when reading that name. :blink2:

What are you laughing about...?! 😄 You're a Moron?

Gradually, I am closing, only kits, positions for transport aviation. I didn’t want to get the G version and make it only American. I found  C version with decals for plane from the French in Indochina. But, the French, it’s clear that he’s nominal: after receiving the 119s, they were so hastily transferred to the theater of operations that they didn’t even have time to repaint identification marks on the part of planes. And I found photos of prototypes from decals, but I didn't decide which variant I'll use yet.

20240605-220335.jpg

I also received some aftermarket sets for my future projects.

20240614-174849.jpg
20240614-174913.jpg

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

And one in Michigan also 

I remember seeing on the news some years ago, during a particularly cold spell in the US, Hell froze over.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, 593jones said:

I remember seeing on the news some years ago, during a particularly cold spell in the US, Hell froze over.

Yep… My friends and I back in the day wanted to borrow a balloon basket. The idea was to set in front of the towns welcome sign. We were going to do photo’s saying we were “Going to Hell in a hand basket”. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, flyboy2610 said:

There's a town in Norway called H*ll.

17 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

And one in Michigan also 

Nice!

Any signs on the edge of the road to welcome you to those towns? :undecided:

10 hours ago, Pajarito said:

Nice!

Any signs on the edge of the road to welcome you to those towns? :undecided:

Oh, everyone must know they are on the highway to hell.

I'll get me coat :coat:

Edited by Whofan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

SWMBO just bought me a Father’s day gift, belated of course. I now have an Academy 1/72 B-24 “Zodiac” on its way.

BQTKEQ4.jpeg

Along with an F4F wildcat 3D printed seat from Eduard.

qLmEum9.jpg

The seats not 100% accurate but it’s better than the nothing in the Airfix Boomerang I plan to build soon. I think I can scratch build the rest out of plastic strip and sheet. 

• Like 7

Got this for Father’s Day, I’m going to do ZA711 with the Union Flag. 

Airfix 1/72 Chinook HC.1

Cheers

Jeff

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I now have an Academy 1/72 B-24 “Zodiac” on its way.

Very nice!

12 minutes ago, MrB17 said:

Got this for Father’s Day

As above!

Happy Father's Day fellas.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1