What's your latest purchase?

Keeff

For the D Day build coming up next week, to go with the Tamiya Cromwell, Aber 75mm main gun, a pair of BESA barrels from Master, and finally, a se tof Fruilmodel tracks so that I can displace the road wheels.

John.

• Like 3

From Editions Heimdal in France

Guerre Aérienne Au Vietnam (Air War In Vietnam) 1961-1973 – USAF , USN , USMC , US Army , Australia , Nord et Sud Vietnam book , by Gérard Paloque and Dominique Brefford , pre-order of a recent release by Heimdal following their practice of combining previously published multi-part Hors Série bookazines into one hardback book , French language throughout but with a picture alleged to say a thousand words is lavishly illustrated with 320+ contemporary images and 430+ colour sideview profiles , of its 208 pages 99 are dedicated to the US Navy divided into 22 of the Carriers that took part , USAF is broken down by role and the other services/nations as single chapters.

From Amazon

C-47 Skytrain Illustrated book , by Lou Drendel , published this week in the UK by Amazon as part of the Aviation Art Inc. series , 126 pages covering civil and military use from development through till today in the usual mix of images , technical manual excerpts and promotional material of the day (390+ in total) along with scale drawings.

• Like 2

Due to the release of the PR Vampire T.11 I decided to finally purchase some stuff to build subjects of our domestic Air Force. So a massive order to Brent Air Decals was the result (all in 1/48) 😀:

• FJ48011 - DH-115 Vampire Austrian Air Force (Decals)
  • FJ48013 - Saab 105OE set Austrian Air Force (Decals for Standard Markings and additional Numerals (available separately too))
  • FP48007 - Saab Safir Austrian Air Force (Decals)
  • FP48117 - Zlin 126 Trener Austrian Air Force (Decals)
  • HM48007 - Agusta Bell 212 Austrian Air Force (Decals)
  • JT48002 - Saab 105 Instrument Panel (Austrian version; Decal and 3D printed panel)
  • ??????? - Conversion set for PR Saab 105A/B to Saab 105OE (3D printed; engine nacelles, exhausts, antennas, main wheels, landing gear doors, air scoops)
  • HT48004 - Agusta Bell 212 Skids and Tows (3D printed)
  • HT48005 - Agusta Bell 212 Extra details (3D printed parts for upgraded Austrian Bell 212; Flare dispenser, MAWS sensors, antennas, cable cutters)

Purchase-2024-10.jpg

Cheers

Markus

• Like 6

Well, if this makes you jealous you need to have a word with yourself... my Lowell Grand Banks Dory 1/24;
53762616498_f8b0a14940_b.jpg
I am sure I have seen one of these on the Skegness boating lake, crikey I have hit rock bottom.
Seriously though, I have been pondering building a wooden ship and after reading a few forums decided to take their advice and start with this beginners kit, the first in a set of 3. The instructions walk you through the build aided by photo's and a thorough text, also it has drawings and explains the terminology which is a great help.
I won't even think about building it until I finish my current WIP but I can read the instructions over to get a better understanding of how it all goes together.

• Like 4

Wise choice. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it, believe it or not it’s almost like taking a vacation from plastic kits. You’ll have a lot of fun and then you’ll be ready to go back home when it’s over.

Enjoy

Cheers

Jeff

• Like 1

A 1/35 Zvezda T34/85, a 1/35 RFM T-55ADM Drozd and a Trumpter 1/72 T-54, all recent ebay bargains.

An Aber barrel for the T-55 and a DEF Models barrel for the T34 from Wildcat Models 

An Eduard set of etch grilles for the T34 from Jadlam

The stash is now fed for a bit!!

• Like 4

A trip to the Northern Model Show netted a few items. 

A volume of the Conway History of the Ship on the last Sailing Merchant Ships. I bought some when they first came out, but couldn't really afford the whole set when they appeared, first time I have seen one I haven't got. 

Also an Academy F4U Corsair and the Airfix Vintage Classics F80. I also found an Aifix Blenheim I to replace the model that didn't turn out anything like as well as I expected due to decal and varnishing issues. So a happy bunny. 

• Like 3

I find I can’t have enough Gladiators. I’ve still got two unbuilt in the stash, one for conversion to a Sea Gladiator, the other for the BEF Air Component markings. Then Airfix do a repop..

New acquisition

Of course I need another Glad for the Norwegian Army Air Force section of my 1940 obsession.

Modelu 3D printed figures

This motley crew also arrived today. I sense there will be some fiddly painting of tiddley peeps in my future.

• Like 10

Another book down the pants for me :(

Were at the holiday park opposite Coningsby next week (looking forward to some Typhoons flying over, but alas no BBMF planes due to the tragic loss), so we (already) had a day planned in Skegness.  What better way to spend a few hours but to go pester Dave at his Emporium's new barn :). I've just sent over my (chopped down) order and I will be collecting them the back end of next week.  Think I'm going to have to drop swmbo in skeggy, loop back and hide them where I can in the car (I dont need a spare do I?), and meet back up with her.  Try and keep them hidden on the way home and when we unpack the car.  NOT going to happen!

Revell 04992 1:670 scale Star Trek U.S.S. Voyager

AMT 1296 1:650 scale Star Trek Classic USS Enterprise

Airfix A05131A 1:48th scale North American P-51D Mustang

Airfix A05135 1:48th scale Supermarine Spitfire FR Mk.XIV

Heller 80445 1:125th scale Concorde Air France

Airfix A05120B 1:48th scale Messerschmitt Bf109E-3/E-4

Airfix A05129 1:48th scale Hawker Hurricane Mk.I Tropical

Revell 05674 1:144th scale Space Shuttle with Booster Rockets 40th Anniversary

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Despite the avalanche of books I;ve bought recently, I did make a modelling purchase recently; these babies from Motobitz;

SAM_4087

Sorry the photo doesn;t do them justice.

They are a set of 3 D printed 1/43 spoke wheels for the airfix e type jaguar, a set of 1/25 3 d printed spoked wheels for the revell 1/25 e type jaguar with a competition 3 spoke steering wheel, oddly enough, also  3D printed for the revell 1/25th e type jag.

The reason for all this felineness is that my best man took me to my wedding in his pale primrose yellow e type 4.2 hard top.

Which wedding took place 49 years ago this September, in September 1975.

The more mathematically minded will have worked put that September 2025 is our golden wedding anniversary.

So the resin wheels will give the models a bit of class; then one is going to be done in pale primrose yellow, if I can get it from Hiroboy - I am sure I can, I can't believe that colour is a mystery to them.  but which one will I do in gold?

II am considering having a go at doing the airfix 1/43 in gold leaf. Okay, this might well stretch my modelling skills to the limit,  but surely with care, patience and a steady hand it should be doable? And yes, I will practice on some spare sprue or other plastic first ! I have a pack of 10 sheets of gold leaf, so by September next year I hope to have a little display for the day.

Edited by Whofan
  • Like 5

40 minutes ago, Whofan said:

The more mathematically minded will have worked put that September 2025 is our golden wedding anniversary.

Congratulations on your 49th and many more. Mine is on September 27th and will be 9 this year. I hope to get as many as I can with my wife. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Congratulations on your 49th and many more. Mine is on September 27th and will be 9 this year. I hope to get as many as I can with my wife. 

You go for it, I'm sure you'll achieve your target!

• Thanks 1

In market Harborough market is a small model railway stall. I got two pairs of Neilson brand small tweezers for a pound each. They have a 20 percent off offer on everything at present. 

• Like 1

I got one of these this morning from @Creative Models Ltd after seeing one in 1:72 on the forum:

spacer.png

I ordered it Sunday, and it's here on Tuesday.  They really are great, and usually pretty cheap into the bargain. :yes:

I also have a confession to make.  I've ordered another two of different types today, an RF-8 and an NKL-6 from another vendor because Creative didn't have one.  There are four types in total !!! :owww:

• Like 7

Chainsaw to cut up all the trees that fell on our property during last weeks storm.  Some Pine trees and one Oak.  Going to get them planked and will make something out of them once properly dried out.  Rest will either go to the wood pile for the winter or in the case of the pine a burn pile.

• Like 2

Tiny little 3D-print ResKit parts box for bettering the Monogram 1/48 F-105D kit, which needs to take sanding of the raised detail and rescribing of new panel lines.

This set was worth $16 and almost the same for its shpping from Ukraine. :fraidnot:

spacer.png

• Like 2

Yet more o' that fancy-book-learnin'...

20240605-025414.jpg

Also ordered even more books and a couple of Chinese resin kits that I'll unveil when delivered.

• Like 3

Goodness gosh-darned it!  I'm a cotton-headed ninny-muggins! :doh:

I dun gone bought another one.  YESTERDAY.  And it's here now.  Another one hit out of the park by @Creative Models Ltd

spacer.png

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Mike said:

Goodness gosh-darned it!  I'm a cotton-headed ninny-muggins! :doh:

I dun gone bought another one.  YESTERDAY.  And it's here now.  Another one hit out of the park by @Creative Models Ltd

spacer.png

Oooh, nice! Forgive my ignorance, but does it come with the three amigos on the box art?

On 5/30/2024 at 4:08 PM, Des said:

From Editions Heimdal in France

Guerre Aérienne Au Vietnam (Air War In Vietnam) 1961-1973 – USAF , USN , USMC , US Army , Australia , Nord et Sud Vietnam book , by Gérard Paloque and Dominique Brefford , pre-order of a recent release by Heimdal following their practice of combining previously published multi-part Hors Série bookazines into one hardback book , French language throughout but with a picture alleged to say a thousand words is lavishly illustrated with 320+ contemporary images and 430+ colour sideview profiles , of its 208 pages 99 are dedicated to the US Navy divided into 22 of the Carriers that took part , USAF is broken down by role and the other services/nations as single chapters.

From Amazon

C-47 Skytrain Illustrated book , by Lou Drendel , published this week in the UK by Amazon as part of the Aviation Art Inc. series , 126 pages covering civil and military use from development through till today in the usual mix of images , technical manual excerpts and promotional material of the day (390+ in total) along with scale drawings.

Found one their NATO series bookazines in the Duxford Aviation Society shop for £3 a couple of months ago. Normally pretty hard to find & fantastic source of information on airframes via the superb profiles.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Andy H said:

Forgive my ignorance, but does it come with the three amigos on the box art?

Those are not three amigos but three camaradas (comrades), or troskos, as they'd be dubbed down here. 😄

39 minutes ago, Andy H said:

Oooh, nice! Forgive my ignorance, but does it come with the three amigos on the box art?

11 minutes ago, Pajarito said:

Those are not three amigos but three camaradas (comrades), or troskos, as they'd be dubbed down here. 😄

Two tovariches, IIRC from an hour ago when I had a quick shufti.  They're both bent over and sat hunched-up in their machine, busily hoping fervently that no-one shoots at their little ski-borne coffin :pray:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Congratulations for September. If I had stayed married first time round it would have been 48 years thus December. Having well and truly dodged the bullet there, I am happy to report it is my 34th wedding anniversary to Mrs T this coming Sunday. 

• Like 2