What's your latest purchase?

Keeff

1 hour ago, Whofan said:

I will post what the odd thing is - or confirm if someone gets it - later tonight or tomorrow morning. Not that I expect BM'ers to be long in spotting the "ahem", difference!

There are some strange things going on with scale- that Skyraider (I think?) must be enormous!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Karearea said:

There are some strange things going on with scale- that Skyraider (I think?) must be enormous!

Probably a Fairey Spearfish but still well out of scale compared to the airliners this side of it.

Yesterday I put my hand up for a Greatwall B-52G. I'd bought the Academy H a year or so back, hoping to model the one I saw at the Aussie Bicentennial Airshow in 1988, then realised it was the wrong model. I hadn't realised GW had done a G, I knew they'd done an H at the same time as Academy, so when I saw them, I hunted down the cheapest one I could find on ebay & did the thing. The H will be moved on.

Steve.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Karearea said:

I thought it might have been an attempt to depict a skyraider, but certainly, it's a weird scale!

Posted (edited)

More music purchases;

two Who live albums, live at Swansea in 1976, and live at Woodstock 1969.

Sadly, or should I say humourlessly, the Woodstock CD has had the infamous Abby Hoffman incident censored.

I also bought Cardi B's Invasion of Privacy to go with the 33 1/3 book of the same name.

SAM_4077

SAM_4074

Edited by Whofan
  • Like 2

From Hannants

Some odds and ends for recent kit purchases

Blackdog 48076 1/48 E-2C Hawkeye Radar and Electronics resin replacement parts for Kinetic kit.

Quickboost 48972 1/48 FOD Covers resin engine intake/exhaust blanks for Kinetic kit.

Quickboost 48973 1/48 Remove Before Flight Covers resin intake blanks for Kinetic kit.

ResKit 48-0383 1/48 Weighted Wheels For E.2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound resin parts for Kinetic kit.

Clear Prop Models 48041 1/48 Douglas A2D-1 Skyshark Painting Masks for the production variant.

From Ali Express

Another couple of obscurely labelled diorama bases for future Sci-fi ‘what-if’ projects

PVC Building Wall Panel Material, Floor Tile, Miniature Model, Handmade House Design, Scene Layout, Diorama Kit - 30cm x 20cm crazy paving pattern on thick 0.5cm board

p?i=7938915496afab7a90f1416ae392cea8

Static Platform Model, Military Sand Table, Aircraft Scene, Landscape Layout, Static Airport, Runway, Diorama Kit - 15cm x 10cm paved pattern with ‘H’ outline on 1cm thick board.

p?i=20d017506f242c0e3582fdfb8637f857

From Amazon

Hercules - First In -Last Out book , by Scott Bateman , published this week by Michael Joseph , former RAF Hercules Loadmaster then later Pilot and aircraft captain describes the Hercules in UK service and his experiences with it , pre-order offer for £10.

• Like 5

Speaking of books, I just bought the first in the Foundation series. I've never read them. The Apple TV series sparked my interest.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, kiseca said:

Speaking of books, I just bought the first in the Foundation series. I've never read them. The Apple TV series sparked my interest.

Always enjoyed the philosophy of Hari Seldon!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Whofan said:

Always enjoyed the philosophy of Hari Seldon!

It helped that they cast Jared Harris as Hari in the TV series. He's been memorable in everything I've seen him in so far.

If it wasn't for that, I might not have got in to the series for long enough to remind me to go look for the books.

• Like 2

Amongst other things, 2 x Rye Field Models Chally 2 kits, as they were on a 60% off special. If I don't build them, someone will! The 'other things' were assorted paints, glues and whatnots, all required in pursuit of this hobby of ours.

• Like 2

A dual mass flywheel and clutch kit for my Wife's Passat, and a rebuild of my Mustang starter motor. All fitted today, so two cars fixed. Time for some beers to wash away the £800 pain to my pocket.....

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

A little delivery from King Kit ahead of the Classic Airfix GB ..... 

20240525_161628

The Dauntless even has the original sellophane wrapping on it! 😲

Keith 😁 

• Like 10

17 hours ago, scautomoton said:

A dual mass flywheel and clutch kit for my Wife's Passat, and a rebuild of my Mustang starter motor. All fitted today, so two cars fixed. Time for some beers to wash away the £800 pain to my pocket.....

OUCH!!

On 5/21/2024 at 11:11 PM, Whofan said:

Amongst a few odds and ends - green paint for my daughter's garden seat, some wood to repair my daughter#'s garden seat, a small car (dinky type) for my grandson, I bought this for my wife and myself;

IMG_1639

Yes, a jigsaw, an Hobby craft own brand, for the remarkably decent price of £10. They had others, but somehow, I was drawn to this jigsaw of an airshow. Among the planes depicted, is one that looks a lot like a Bristol Brabazon to me, and a few others drawn in such a way I couldn't identify what they wewre supposed to be.

Then the wife and I completed the jigsaw; those of you with keen eye will see something odd;

IMG_1637

I will post what the odd thing is - or confirm if someone gets it - later tonight or tomorrow morning. Not that I expect BM'ers to be long in spotting the "ahem", difference!

Pretty poor ATC if I may say so, and the Display control committee would deserve a slapped wrist for the Spitfire coming towards, and over the crowd. Not sure when it is supposed to be set. It has a fifties look to it to me. 

21 hours ago, scautomoton said:

I'd be happy with that ...... it's alot better than the £6k invoice I had recently for a Diesel Particulate Filter and AdBlue injector, 4 x fuel injectors, door wiring harness and dash display screen ..... oh, not forgetting diagnostics, programming, testing and labour! 😲😡

Keith 😁 

• Sad 3

22 hours ago, Keeff said:

A little delivery from King Kit ahead of the Classic Airfix GB ..... 

20240525_161628

The Dauntless even has the original sellophane wrapping on it! 😲

Keith 😁 

Ah, the Dauntless and Hellcat bring back memories.

I feel I should get something with wings for the GB too! 😀

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr T said:

Pretty poor ATC if I may say so, and the Display control committee would deserve a slapped wrist for the Spitfire coming towards, and over the crowd. Not sure when it is supposed to be set. It has a fifties look to it to me. 

I always assumed that airshows in the '50's were pretty relaxed anyway!

• Haha 1

At a model railway show yesterday a dealer was selling items for charity. He had a number of Revell's 1/700 HMS Invincible (Falklands War) at £15. I obliged by relieving him of one

• Like 6

On 21/05/2024 at 22:11, Whofan said:

Amongst a few odds and ends - green paint for my daughter's garden seat, some wood to repair my daughter#'s garden seat, a small car (dinky type) for my grandson, I bought this for my wife and myself;

IMG_1639

Yes, a jigsaw, an Hobby craft own brand, for the remarkably decent price of £10. They had others, but somehow, I was drawn to this jigsaw of an airshow. Among the planes depicted, is one that looks a lot like a Bristol Brabazon to me, and a few others drawn in such a way I couldn't identify what they wewre supposed to be.

Then the wife and I completed the jigsaw; those of you with keen eye will see something odd;

IMG_1637

The jigsaw picture is larger, at the bottom, than the box illustration

• Like 1

Picked up a couple of plastic shelving units so I could consolidate most of my stash. I combined 1-1/2 units into this one. From the bottom: Structure kits for my model railroad, rolling stock kits (those Branchline Trains Blueprint Series kits are NOT for beginning modelers!), my larger boxed armor kits (the M48A2 is going to get a set of those AFV tracks), more armor kits, my vehicle kits, and way up top is a 1/48 Revell B25J (one of which I just finished for a GB) which I plan to build as a "What If" night fighter.

100_0276

I needed to get those kits out from under my other workbench so I could put the paint booth away.

100_0277

The B25J on the bench is the one I just finished.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Black Knight said:

The jigsaw picture is larger, at the bottom, than the box illustration

Spot on !

I've never seen a jigsaw where the box art is actually less than the jigsaw itself, and as I've said before, we had quite a few  "where the hell does this (these) pieces go? moments"  before we twigged.

Having said that, it did make the jigsaw more of a challenge than if we'd had the complete picture on the box top!

• Like 1

spacer.png

These arrived today, the 1/72 scale Hasegawa F/A-18C comes with a patch for VMFA-115 and it has just been released..

I was unaware of the 1/72 scale Hasegawa Europe Aircraft Weapons Set and only found.it while browsing one of the sites I have bought from in the past.

• Like 5