What's your latest purchase?

Keeff

53719391496_c2c2bcfc6f_b.jpg

Picked up this old stock Olympos with an 0.5mm nozzle for spraying Stynylrez.

I’d been pricing up a larger needle and nozzle set for my HP.CS, but was recommended https://olympos-airbrush.ocnk.net Some nice deals there, this one wasn’t much more than the needle and nozzle would have been, free postage too.

Also discovered some of the 1/48 Academy range is from reissued Accurate Miniatures tooling, so I bought an SBD-5 to build as an RNZAF aircraft. When I have the budget and can find a TBF I’ll pick up one of those too.

• Like 5

Thanks to 2021 @stevej60 excellent build of the kit I've finally brken my kingkit virginity and odered from them with an Italeri Su-27 on its away for the Asia build alongside some authentical decals su-34 decals I've been eyeing up since christmas again to use on an Italeri kit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flyboy2610 said:

You're going to be able to do some SERIOUS painting with that brush! 👍

I know! Slightly ambivalent to use it but that’s what paint mules are for. Should be handy for the 1/72 V-Bombers in the stash once I get the hang of priming.

• Like 2

Absolutely hated my last paint rack purchase, call it the Hari Kari rack as is very unstable, half empty paints need glu tack to hold and any disturbance can send them falling (hence the name), got annoyed last night when it happend again as I packed up for the night so I've ordered a replacement. Looks a bit more solid with more contact areas and the angle is closer to vertical so finges crossed it should be fine. 

• Like 1

This purchase is of today at noon. We, my mum and I, didn't finish it off at lunch, so there's going to be more for her tomorrow, as she doesn't drink at night. 😁

spacer.png 

• Like 7

On 5/14/2024 at 9:31 AM, Karearea said:

Also discovered some of the 1/48 Academy range is from reissued Accurate Miniatures tooling, so I bought an SBD-5 to build as an RNZAF aircraft. When I have the budget and can find a TBF I’ll pick up one of those too.

I found and acquired a used TBF for a very low price. It’s even arrived before the SBD. I hadn’t anticipated how large a 1/48 TBF would be…

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Karearea said:

I found and acquired a used TBF for a very low price. It’s even arrived before the SBD. I hadn’t anticipated how large a 1/48 TBF would be…

Yea it was the largest single engined naval plane in the war for the USN. At least until the Skyraider replaced it in the later 40’s. 

• Like 1

A box arrived with 1/32 B-25J. Although only ordered a couple of days ago, I was shocked to find 2 Airfix 1/48 Ansons, a 1/72 Airfix Meteor and Beaufort. One of the benefits of getting older I s’ pose.

• Like 4

As I’ve just about finished winding up Dad’s estate, I thought I’d treat myself to the sort of kit he would have enjoyed if he’d kept modelling more recently. Not going to rush this one, it can wait for when I feel like I’ll do it justice:

Put an order in for Eduard’s Spitfire Mk.V Dual Combo, ‘Per Aspera Ad Astra’ which contains markings for my all-time favourite Spitfire Mk.V, Johnny Checkett’s AB509.

Lots of lovely RAAF trops for the other choice I think, I love the idea that Clive Caldwell’s Northern Territories Spitfire has a code that looks like ‘CROC’!

• Like 7

I ordered this from Hannants ages ago, but it finally arrived today, initially I was going to buy the Infinity 1/32 scale kit but it was scrapped and the HPH kit which replaced it is way out of my financial league.

Normally I would not build anything but 1/32 scale but the chance to get a new tool Kate was too tempting, it will still be of a nice size at 1/35 scale anway.

spacer.png

Also today some AM arrived for the 1/24 scale Aifix Spitfire IX so I am a happy bunny.

spacer.png

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 9

From Dogfight Editions

Cocardes International No. 24 (October/November 2022) Mirage 2000 Special magazine , including very reasonable postage from France it cost a few pennies under £11 for a 116 page mainly advert-free A4 format magazine with 1/48 A3 pull-out four-view plans for both 2000D and 2000-5F along with a brief illustrated history , four sets of shaded camouflage patterns with colour chip references for different users , 16 colour side-view profiles , 8 page detail walk-round images and an 80 page lavishly illustrated modelling article covering the Kitty Hawk 1/32 ‘C’ & ‘D’ kits although the principles involved in detailing/correcting/replacing of kit parts can be applied across all manufacturers/scales and while the main text is solely in French the captions for the 400+ images in the step-by-step modelling guide are all repeated in English

From eBay

Following my 1/48 3D-Printed Belvedere helicopter kit purchase last week time to track down some of the few references on the market.

Aviation New Vol.11 No.3 – 2-15 July 1982 magazine , old tabloid newspaper style with a centrefold drawing spread and a further two-page article.      Did have it from the original release , then thinned down into files of clippings and then files of clippings thinned down into one storage box years ago to be sorted out into files again but never got round to it  so quicker to buy again.

Pilot’s Notes - Belvedere HC.1 PDF download , published 1962 by The Air Council , has some good images of the cockpit panels and instrumentation.

From Martin Wilkinson Photography

Again for the Belvedere 

Special Grouping Set 15 - Helicopter & Autogyros CDR – Photo walkrounds of ; Avro Rota , Bristol Belvedere Parts 1 & 2 , Bristol Sycamore , Robinson R22 , Saro Skeeter , Westland Dragonfly , Westland Sea King , Westland Whirlwind HAS.7 x 2.

From The Aviation Megastore

Caracal CD48004 1/48 ANG F-100C/F Super Sabre decals , one of each for New Mexico (grey with yellow/black flash) , District of Columbia & New Jersey (all camo)

Via Amazon

Kagero Top Drawings 115 - Panavia Tornado: GR. 1, GR. 4, IDS/GR. 1B, ECR, ADV book , by Anirudh Rao , published by Kagero 2021.

Kagero Top Drawings 87- Sukhoi Su-24 book , by Stanislaw Krzysztof Mokwa , published by Kagero 2020.

Kagero Top Drawings 132 – English Electric Lightning book , by Anirudh Rao , published by Kagero 2022.

All in the usual style with multi-view drawings in several scales and colour sideview profile artwork.

• Like 4

From Airfix and arrived this morning .... a nice freebie as I've just subscribed to the mag for 12 months .... 

20240518_173213

Keith 😁 

• Like 11

Posted (edited)

That Alfa box art is stunning!

Speaking of, my Mum and Sisters bought me this as a belated birthday present. To say I’m eager would be a vast understatement. Just need to finish the Shackleton first, but there’s no way this one is going to languish in the stash.

53735893359_aa6b089732_b.jpg

Edit: couldn’t resist unsealing the box- looks incredible. Fascinating how obvious the very high aspect ratio of the wing is when not attached to the fuselage.

Edited by Karearea
  • Like 7

Amongst a few odds and ends - green paint for my daughter's garden seat, some wood to repair my daughter#'s garden seat, a small car (dinky type) for my grandson, I bought this for my wife and myself;

IMG_1639

Yes, a jigsaw, an Hobby craft own brand, for the remarkably decent price of £10. They had others, but somehow, I was drawn to this jigsaw of an airshow. Among the planes depicted, is one that looks a lot like a Bristol Brabazon to me, and a few others drawn in such a way I couldn't identify what they wewre supposed to be.

Then the wife and I completed the jigsaw; those of you with keen eye will see something odd;

IMG_1637

I will post what the odd thing is - or confirm if someone gets it - later tonight or tomorrow morning. Not that I expect BM'ers to be long in spotting the "ahem", difference!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, kiseca said:

Only thing I can see is there's more image in the jigsaw than on the box. There's more stuff at the bottom.

Spot on, @kiseca!

I can tell you that the "extra" - the box art had obviously been incorrectly cropped - caused us a few moments of "where the hell does this go?" But it was an amusing challenge in the end!

• Haha 2

It is a very nice jigsaw. I'm tempted to look for one like it now! The family like jigsaws and I like old airplanes so it might be a hit.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kiseca said:

It is a very nice jigsaw. I'm tempted to look for one like it now! The family like jigsaws and I like old airplanes so it might be a hit.

As I said, it's a very reasonable price, and hobby craft in Webbs garden Centre in Droitwich have quite a range of jigsaws, as does the garden centre, incuding a couple of other aeroplane themed jigsaws.

• Thanks 1

Sort-of modelling related.  A clear perspex canopy to fit over my workshop door.  Mainly to keep the rain out if it's too warm to keep the door closed, but not so blisteringly hot that I want to run to the expense of turning on the aircon.  Four bolts drilled into the wall above the door and it was done after a bit of juggling.  Obligingly, we had a bit of rain a few hours later, and it seems to have kept most of the rain off.  It was particularly weird rain today though, coming in hard at a peculiar angle compared to the usual :shrug:

• Like 6