What's your latest purchase?

Keeff

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

I've not read any of Parson's thrillers but thoroughly enjoyed his Man & Boy, Man & Wife, Catching the Sun & Beyond the Bounty so I should enjoy this but the reviews on Good Reads are somewhat polarised so I'll be interested to see how it goes.

Steve.

Steve, 

I agree on all those books of his. The detective books of his I mentioned feature the detective, Max Wolfe. 

Edited by Whofan
  • Like 1

I've just purchased the ultimate anti-modelling weapon and ammunition: a PSVR2 and a copy of Gran Turismo 7.

Expect my extraordinarily slow updates on my WIP threads to, well, get slower..

• Like 2

In the Vehicle Discussion forum there is a topic "What car do you 'wish you still had' - or are glad you don't!". I replied that I wish I still had my 1970 Ford Torino GT.

FOUND ONE! :penguin:

Granted, it's only 1/25 the size of the one I had back in the early '80s, but still.......

100_0209

I do not intend model the wonky left rear wheel, however.

The contents of the box:

100_0210

This is the first kit I've ever had where photo etch was included in the kit:

100_0211

The photo etch, decals, and instructions all have a copyright date of 2000. I'm going to build it as stock, not the drag car. Mine didn't have factory paint, it was a metallic copper color. It had a tan interior. This model has a 429 CJ engine, mine had a 351 Cleveland. Still wish I'd kept that car! 😢

• Like 7

1 hour ago, flyboy2610 said:

In the Vehicle Discussion forum there is a topic "What car do you 'wish you still had' - or are glad you don't!". I replied that I wish I still had my 1970 Ford Torino GT.

FOUND ONE! :penguin:

Granted, it's only 1/25 the size of the one I had back in the early '80s, but still.......

100_0209

I do not intend model the wonky left rear wheel, however.

The contents of the box:

100_0210

This is the first kit I've ever had where photo etch was included in the kit:

100_0211

The photo etch, decals, and instructions all have a copyright date of 2000. I'm going to build it as stock, not the drag car. Mine didn't have factory paint, it was a metallic copper color. It had a tan interior. This model has a 429 CJ engine, mine had a 351 Cleveland. Still wish I'd kept that car! 😢

Sweet car. 

• Thanks 1

I don’t know why, but I keep buying kits for the US Fleets GB I probably won’t have time to enter… now it’s an Arma F4F-4. I was so

impressed by the Arma P-51 I’m building, I had to try another of their kits. Have loved the Wildcat from the time I used to fly it a lot in Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 2.

Also some AK True Metal Aluminium, keen to give this a go on the Tunnan for some extra variation.

• Like 1

I met up with @Alex Gordon earlier this afternoon and he handed me a large box of bits and half empty sprues to top up the scratchbuild spares boxes . We had a great couple of hours chatting too in a pub just outside Wood hall Spa. 

So a great shout out to Alex for his generosity. Colour me happy!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

3D printed 1/48 Bristol Belvedere.

Ordered one last Saturday , still showing as awaiting dispatch but looks like an "interesting" challenge.

26 minutes ago, Des said:

Ordered one last Saturday , still showing as awaiting dispatch but looks like an "interesting" challenge.

It might be 'sticky' - leave it in the sun and it will finish curing. I will cut windows from a CD case, the nose blister will need vacforming.   Apart from a little cleaning up it looks good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Des said:

Oh I bet you're popular or have you not let on about it yet?

DB

• Haha 1

A box from HLJ, with a couple of Hasegawa P-40Ns,  a Rob Taurus canopy for HELLER T-28, 3 X  Vic Hobby Acrylic paints & an Academy 1)72 Tiger tank. This may get built first.

Steve.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Duncan B said:

Oh I bet you're popular or have you not let on about it yet?

DB

One bonus of advancing age is  'remember , I told you all about it last week' and nobody wants to admit that they don't remember.

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Des said:

nobody wants to admit that they don't remember.

Remember what? 🤔🤣

My latest purchase has arrived ... Ammo paint sets for WW2 german afv cammo and interior colours .... needed to stock up as I now have 5 Tiger kits and a Panther in the waiting room! 😬

Keith 😁 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Belvedere mentioned above still in transit along with some other buys but arrived this week - 

From Maestro Models

MMK4920 Maestro Models 1/48 80Kg. Lysbomb (Illumination Bomb) 3D Print , sold singly and I wanted eight , unfortunately not one of their items that UK importers seem to stock so had shipping from Sweden , do hope that I am right in thinking that they are what the RAF and RN called LEPUS Flares?

From KLP Publishing

Building the Airfix Gannet AS.1/AS.4 in 1/48 Scale PDF Download , by Gary Boxall , latest release by KLP Publishing , 161 pages on building the kit including for just slightly more than a monthly modelling/aviation magazine issue.

From Hannants

Odds and ends for the Kinetic Hawkeye kit that I bought last week.

Model Alliance MA48185 1/48 World Air Power Part 3 decals – A-4 sized decal sheet currently on special offer at around half RRP for £7.50 with options for Bahrani (2) and UAE (1) F-16 , Italian Tornado IDS (1) , French Hawkeye (3) , German Typhoon (4) , RAAF Hornet (1) and USMC Presidential Whitehawk (1).

Montex SM48321 1/48 Grumman E-2C Canopy Frame exterior and interior & masks.

New Ware NWAM0440 1/48 Grumman E-2C Hawkeye/Hawkeye 2000 Propeller masks

Via eBay -Walker’s Models

Trumpeter 02839 - 1/48 F-100D Super Sabre and 02840 - 1/48 F-100F Super Sabre kits.

Had been hoping without success to find someone selling them at the recent Scottish Nationals so was actually encouraged to order them online when I got home (conversation remembered by both parties) , each a couple of pounds cheaper than other sellers and with free shipping , meant to get the F-100C as well but that is now following.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Modelling Masochist said:

Not so much a purchase, but I won an Airfix F.2B and a Heller F-84 from a raffle.

Still qualifies in my book!

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Modelling Masochist said:

Not so much a purchase, but I won an Airfix F.2B and a Heller F-84 from a raffle.

You must have purchased a raffle ticket to win that. I’m sure the investment was worth it!

Enjoy

Cheers

Jeff

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MrB17 said:

You must have purchased a raffle ticket to win that. I’m sure the investment was worth it!

Enjoy

Cheers

Jeff

It sure was. The proceeds from the raffle went to a children's hospital, by the way.

• Like 5

Italeri (ex-Platz) T-33. Have been looking for one of these for ages, found for a good price at a local online store.

Bought a 1/72 Tamiya P-47D while I was there. The P-51C I’m working on has instilled a real affection for razorbacks.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Modelling Masochist said:

It sure was. The proceeds from the raffle went to a children's hospital, by the way.

Win-win all the way around! Well done, MM!

• Like 1

Some decals from Ventura- good to be able to buy locally!

V4883 RNZAF Mustang decals. North Island Squadrons (this will be a JAFA P-51 one day)

V3292 RNZAF F4U-1 Corsairs “Donald Duck” nose art.

V3294. RNZAF P-51D Mustang NZ2402, “roundel-and-bar” No.2 Wellington Squadron 1/32nd scale. (I've actually bought this for the Jack Cleland P-51D-5 of the 363rd Fighter Squadron that's also on the sheet)

• Like 1

As it was a nice day, decided to take a trip over to Halifax whilst Mrs T was engaged in her good deeds. Picked the LF Scout and Wasp on back order, and also a Valom Fouga Magister from the second hand section. It came with some aftermarket etch and masks, so a good buy. It might not be as finessed as the SH kit, but it was available and as I messed up my Heller kit attempting to straighten the curved wing halves (all of them). Back on track got the South of the Border GB. 

Also, a Brengun PE sheet for the Heller Allouette III is on its way from the Big H

• Like 4