What's your latest purchase?

Keeff

On 10/04/2024 at 07:56, Keeff said:

A small delivery from Scale Model Shop .... 

Replacement airbrush needles and nozzles, paint, part clips and a Spitfire .... 

20240410_075210

I've not built an ICM kit yet, but it was cheap!  

Keith 😁 

I bought a pack of those crocodile clips on Sunday at the Hinkley Show

Edited by Captain Glumbo
  • Like 2

More quick service from Starling Models -

1/700 15" brass gun barrels, resin upgrades for IBG G-I/ Hunt class destroyers, RN crew figures and RAF/FAA roundels. That'll give these tired old eyes a good workout...🧐

20240411-105943.jpg

• Like 3

Currently on the bus home from Leeds after a trip this morning to Halifax. I went to buy some paints for the South of the Border GB, as not the colours I usually have in stock. Came out with the new Dora Wings 1/72nd scale Vengeance and the RS Model Airspeed Envoy. 

The bus I am is one of Arriva Yorkshire super-smooth luxury buses (not). Shaking so much the phone screen blurs every few seconds. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Captain Glumbo said:

I'm amazed you got an Arriva in WY.  My bus to work (254/255) is so hit and miss I have to take the 90 min walk into Leeds!

I was lucky with the timing. The bus I went  to get to Leeds City Station in the morning failed to appear. This is a regular occurance on the 444/446 route especially outside peak hours. Being 70 I am not directly paying the fare, which just about makes it tolerable, but I feel sorry for anyone relying on the route to get to work etc. 

10 hours ago, Karearea said:

I found one of those for 30% off a few months back and couldn’t resist it either. Only I’d promised I wouldn’t buy any more large kits for a while, and hadn’t realised how difficult the box would be to conceal… it’s at the back of the garden shed right now.

Could always say one of your modeling friends bought it and gave it to you, as he decided he no longer wanted it ? Or if you belong to a club it was won in a raffle ? 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Could always say one of your modeling friends bought it and gave it to you, as he decided he no longer wanted it ? Or if you belong to a club it was won in a raffle ? 

Lying is always the best policy! ... 😉

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Thing is, a Noratlas is big, but not massive, so in a way I don’t feel I’ve breached any trust. I’ll transfer the sprues to ziplock bags sometime and everything will be fine. ‘Large Kits’ are more like V Bombers in 1/72.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr T said:

I was lucky with the timing. The bus I went  to get to Leeds City Station in the morning failed to appear. This is a regular occurance on the 444/446 route especially outside peak hours. Being 70 I am not directly paying the fare, which just about makes it tolerable, but I feel sorry for anyone relying on the route to get to work etc. 

5 Years, 8 Months, 5 Days, 20 Hours, 2 Mins and.....  before my free bus pass

• Like 1

Loyalty to my local has backfired, got my Tamiya f35a this morn and fancied getting myself the Revell/italeri a to build now, appeared in stock on my locals only to find it wasn’t and caused a fuss (which I hate to do) whilst they attempted to confirm it and offered me the (expensive) Tamiya f-35b which I refused and felt bad so left with a Hasegawa kfir as stash fodder. Could have had the Revell 35 delivered today from Amazon if just ordered this morning……

• Like 1

Hi

was looking for a decal sheet for ages, only one i could find, was on an online shop for $130 cad 

but just found one on that well know auction site and i got it for a $10 buy it now price 

i just have to wait for postie now 

cheers

jerry spacer.png

Edited by brewerjerry
  • Like 3

A 1/35 Verlinden US vietnam figure off ebay for £4.

I know there's better and more accurate sculpts out there but I always wanted these in my youth. Sadly could never afford them on my paper round money!

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, badger said:

... but I always wanted these in my youth. Sadly could never afford them on my paper round money!

I know exactly where you're coming from.  😁

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Spookytooth said:

You think you have got it bad @Mr T and @Captain Glumbo, our buses are look to the East on the morning of the third day...

Simon

Sounds like where my mum lived before she died. They had a bus service that ran once or twice a day three days a week, and only to the nearest town (Kelso). Even when MrsT was younger, her village had two buses on odd days. I have lived my life in or near large cities (Nottingham, Sheffield and Leeds) and so relatively spoilt by urban bus services. My brother lives near Barnstaple so I will ask him about what they have on offer. 

20 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Loyalty to my local has backfired, got my Tamiya f35a this morn and fancied getting myself the Revell/italeri a to build now, appeared in stock on my locals only to find it wasn’t and caused a fuss (which I hate to do) whilst they attempted to confirm it and offered me the (expensive) Tamiya f-35b which I refused and felt bad so left with a Hasegawa kfir as stash fodder. Could have had the Revell 35 delivered today from Amazon if just ordered this morning……

On the plus side your continued support of your LMS will help them maintain a presence. Amazon don't need any help in killing off the High Street. Use them or lose them.

Duncan B

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Duncan B said:

On the plus side your continued support of your LMS will help them maintain a presence. Amazon don't need any help in killing off the High Street. Use them or lose them.

Duncan B

An excellent point and indeed why I always go them first, and indeed it’s not backfired as it’s now for an upcoming GB. I’m very grateful to have a local shop on this day and age 

• Like 1

A new spark plug for my old folks' lawnmower at £4.08.  The old one had a crack in the ceramic insulator and fell apart as I removed it.  That and a stuck choke mechanism was what was stopping it from firing up.  A bit of cleaning and some lubrication, and off it went, happy to mow their massive lawn. which was overdue a haircut.  I wonder how many people would have chucked the mower in the skip and bought a new one? :hmmm:

• Like 3

From Amazon

FVIZAL ‘BIG THUMB’ Deep Hole Marker Pens , pack of four - red/blue/black/white - permanent marker pens with extra-long heads for out-of-the-way places - Revell paint pot gives shows how long the head is.

p?i=10384e14db3b074c2348d71a4687e90e

From Ali Express

Diorama 15x10CM Static Track Platform bases , with typical Ali understated clarity of description - printed 15cm x 10cm base on 1cm thick boards , bought two from a choice of five , no scale given but I would guess at least 1/144 if not smaller although my intention is to use them for 1/35 sci-fi figure vignettes , with shipping and VAT work out at around £4 each – Revell paint pots provide a size comparison.

p?i=11cb54d992d94bce9fbac2500ff3342d

From Ebay

Second- hand Olympus Zuiko 40-150mm 4/3 System Lens as proof that no good deed goes unpunished !!!!!       Last week a friend had mentioned that he was thinking of getting a DSLR , as I had a spare but rather temperamental Olympus E400 body which doesn’t like moving targets but works fine with static objects I gave him that along with a duplicate 40-150 Zoom lens.      This week was sorting through my camera equipment and discovered that there is something seriously wrong with the lens I kept – like looking into a coal cellar in the middle of a moonless night and will not focus so had to find a reasonably priced replacement for my own use.

Hannants

DP Casper 48024 1/48 Camouflage Over Vietnam decal sheet , USAF - F-5A , F-104C , F105 D & F ; NVAF - MiG-21PFM & MF with national markings , serials , noseart (including 'that' one over the AAR receptacle) where relevant and minimal amount of stencilling.

Xtradecal 48209 1/48 F-104 Starfighter Collection - 2 decal sheet , single F-104G (or equivalent) examples for – Belgium , Canada , Denmark , Germany – Luftwaffe , Italy , Japan , NASA with national markings , codes/serials , unit markings and with yellow cheatlines for NASA scheme – no stencilling.

The Aviation Historian

The Aviation Historian Volume 47 journal , latest issue and my very last subscription issue as they are moving to a new single , larger annual format from Volume 50 so last three will be single purchases.      Vol.47 includes articles on the Al Yamamah Sales , US Helicopter Airlines Pt.2 , RN 1961 Scimitar Display Team , Razon and Tarzon guided bombs , Uranium Prospecting in Iran , “Seadromes” , Skyvan Pt.2 and others.

Wells Prop Models

Two x Wells Props Models WP48007 1/48 Harrier Intake Fan For Kinetic Kits 3D Printed Replacements , bought the last one of the previous batch a few weeks ago so now with another batch on sale have replacements for all of the Kinetic kits in my stash (so far).

After many years of buying shoes that last me 2 years at most of daily wear, i've had a proper splurge and bought myself a pair of Loakes. Not cheap but will hopefully see me to retirement in 15 years time! 🙄

Regards,

Steve

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Duncan B said:

Duncan B

Indeed so, I make a point of dropping in to my local regularly, even if there's nothing for me I'll always buy a few pots of humbrol enamel even if I don't strictly need it 😁

• Like 1

On 4/11/2024 at 11:06 AM, bentwaters81tfw said:

1 x FB-111A + aftermarket

Ah, no, no, señor. 😄 What scale and aftermarket, please? The Hobby Boss Vark, perhaps? 

From Minikiwiland again, an Airfix PZL Lim-5 & an Eduard Fokker D.VII OAW. It's not what I bought the Lim-5 for but the East German scheme is attractive, more than one can say about the regime it flew for, so I'm a bit out on that one <_< . The D.VII will contributes bits & decals to the Revell & MAC D.VIIs I have & one of them might be seen in next years Biplane GB should it get through. No rigging eh!?  :D

Steve.

• Like 2