What's your latest purchase?

Keeff

1 hour ago, Paul J said:

Amazing! Wife let me buy a kit today( as its my birthday) . We went out and there happened to be a Hobbycraft close by which caused me to pay a visit. So, as I wanted  something a bit different,  I got myself the Airfix 1/43 Land Rover.   Looks to be nice kit. But I think I will go with a different colour like the green maybe. I' open to suggestions.

Happy birthday sir, 

Simon.

• Like 1

Well here's the latest piece of aviation history for my man cave, an emergency escape door from VC10 K.3 ZA147. Well I am a fan as my avatar implies :)

img%5D

Mark

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, canberraman said:

Well here's the latest piece of aviation history for my man cave, an emergency escape door from VC10 K.3 ZA147. Well I am a fan as my avatar implies :)

img%5D

Mark

Brilliant, you can just imagine James Bond narrowly avoiding being sucked out of the plane at 30,000 ft 😁

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Paul J said:

Amazing! Wife let me buy a kit today( as its my birthday) . We went out and there happened to be a Hobbycraft close by which caused me to pay a visit. So, as I wanted  something a bit different,  I got myself the Airfix 1/43 Land Rover.   Looks to be nice kit. But I think I will go with a different colour like the green maybe. I' open to suggestions.

Happy Birthday sir 🎂🎂🎂

4 hours ago, canberraman said:

img%5D

Mark

At last the secret of why the British Civil aircraft industry failed: whilst our emergency exits required a button push Boeing had developed the fully automated exit for use on 737's

• Haha 3

Putting my analyst on standby…

Oh my. What have I done?

Oh my. What have I done?

Vaccum? 

Oh my. What have I done?

:tmi: :frantic:

Oh dear. Oh deary deary me.

I suppose this should be classed as an aid to scratch building. No wonder the previous owner(s) never quite got round to attempting to build it.

• Like 13

An Iwata 0.35 needle from a local auto parts shop that was having a store wide sale. Have been using one I damaged and sanded smooth for a couple of months, looking forward to the improvement.

A Special Hobby P-40M and Arma Airacobra from a supplier in Aus. Both roughly half the price I would have bought them for here, and postage across the ditch wasn’t too bad either.

Finally an original bagged Frog Sea Venom which I’ll build in the GB. I was going to sit that one out, but I couldn’t resist the Venom to go with my recent Vampire completions.

• Like 3

On 2/25/2024 at 11:52 PM, marvinneko said:

The wife encouraged me to go to the LMS today as I wanted some cement. Turned out they had a book sale and a 15% off sale on used items... two models for $3.75 each! Great surprise.

IMG-2605.jpg

That Roy Cross Lancaster artwork! I never tire of it. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Heather Kay said:

Putting my analyst on standby…

Vaccum? 
:tmi: :frantic:

Oh dear. Oh deary deary me.

I suppose this should be classed as an aid to scratch building. No wonder the previous owner(s) never quite got round to attempting to build it.

You are a brave woman. I had a vacform Avro York in my hand from the bargain bin and I put it back. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, marvinneko said:

You are a brave woman.

While I need this model in my collection (damned completist that I am), if Hannants had posted better images I might well have passed it over. It’s going to be some time before I even begin to think about building this kit, though, so plenty of time to work out potential solutions. 

• Like 1

some xtradecal Vulcan decals yesterday and an promised trip to hobbycraft wasn’t as successful as I’d hoped from a browse of their website (was a smaller store.m than the one in the other direction I thought it would be), still left with some Revell paint, a mistercraft spitfire viii and storage diveder that turned out to be too big for my desk draw as intended, but ended up replacing a cardboard box and big basket underneath so can’t complain, also just missed out on an airfix trs2 on eBay tonight. 

Edit 29/02, thanks to ebays leap year special discount and some saved vouchers I've just got some more AK paint and the new Tamiya F-35A for little over 20 quid delivered, result :) 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 4

The hideously expensive Kampfraum Arnheim, 2nd Edition, by RZM Publishing. Hope it's good.

1/72 Special Hobby Suez F-84F

The Roer River Battles: Germany's Stand at the Westwall, 1944-45 by David Higgins

And the Polar Lights 1/2500 Strange New Worlds iteration of the USS Enterprise, for Mrs P, who likes it for Spock-related reasons that I choose to remain as ignorant of as possible.

• Like 6

Well, ahead of the Tiger group build, I ordered some weathering effects and some figures .... 

20240229_193659

I've no experience of Zvezda, but a quick look reveals they look ok ....

Keith 😁 

• Like 3

I've been tempted by this since it was announced and after finally pulling the trigger this arrived today.

Ymzjkj9.jpg

6AgZUUV.jpg

Trying desperately not to start it right now.

• Like 5

Popped to my local to try a Vallejo air that was supposed to be good for extra dark sea grey based of measurements, turned out my local had old stock where it was labelled different and it’s way too dark for that (or indeed the grey Vallejo think it should be), least I also got an airfix mustang so it wasn’t a wasted trip 

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 2

Some Vingtor decal sheets arrived today- a RNoAF F-16 in 1/72 and RNoAF F-86 in 1/48.

Also bonus decals for a 1/144 Starfighter which are lovely in their own right.

Really impressed with the quality of both design and print, and the excellent customer service. I’ll definitely be buying more sometime. Thanks @Vingtor 

• Like 1

Due to a recent orbit anniversary:

Mr. Color Thinners x 2, Mr Color Leveling Thinners, Mr Rapid Thinners x 2.

Vallejo Airbrush Thinner, Vallejo Flow Improver.

A "High Roller" trigger for the tiny, tiny, tiny Badger Renegade Krome airbrush in the hope my hand will stop cramping the instant I try to use it.

Vallejo red, green, yellow, blue and smoke "transparent" colours which turned out to be so pigment-rich I've had to experiment with mixing them with acrylic gloss medium to get them to a see-through state.

A bunch of Gunze Mr Metal Color and Mr Super Metallic 2 paints.

All the following are 1/48th:

Tamiya P-51B

Tamiya P-51D

Tamiya P-38J

Kinetic Dassault Mirage IIIE

Kinetic Republic F-84F Thunderstreak

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Karearea said:

Some Vingtor decal sheets arrived today- a RNoAF F-16 in 1/72 and RNoAF F-86 in 1/48.

Also bonus decals for a 1/144 Starfighter which are lovely in their own right.

Really impressed with the quality of both design and print, and the excellent customer service. I’ll definitely be buying more sometime. Thanks @Vingtor 

Glad they arrived rather fast (10 days?) to the other side of the world.  Hope you find the decals easy to work with.

Nils

A very nice chap in the US of A posted a Victoria Models Avro Arrow vacform which arrived today. For something from the 70s it's got amazingly accurate dimensions and detail. It even comes with a 1/72 scale set of drawings. But, and here's the only negative side of the kit, you have to scratchbuild the undercarriage.

• Like 4