1/72 Memphis Belle decals

Aidan.H

Hi all

I have an early 1/72 B17F kit with the correct nose window config and no Astro dome which I want to use to build a Memphis belle. Does anyone know where I can get hold of the accurate decals not the movie version?  Or if anyone has a sheet going spare I’d be happy to come to an arrangement 😀

Thanks

https://www.scalemates.com/search.php?q=memphis+belle&fkSECTION[]=Kits&fkTYPENAME[]="Decals"&fkSCALENORMALISED[]="1:00072"&fkTYPEGROUP[]="Boeing B-17 Flying Fortress"

Good hunting! :)

[edit]

It might be worth considering the otherwise meh Kitsworld set just for the nose art itself, and masking off the code letters. 

• Thanks 1

Decals Carpena made a set that included decals for the wartime Belle, but I don't know if it's still available anywhere.  The best ones I've found were from the old Zotz "Heavenly Bodies" B-17 set.  But I think those are long out of production.  They were pricey when new..I don't want to think what they go for now.

SN

So what is the difference between the 'movie' decals from Kits World and the actual Belle itself, or did Mr Puttnam use a degree of artistic license here along with the script too when making the movie?

Just curious.

Pat.

Biggest difference is that in the movie the name was painted in large, cursive letters, while on the actual Belle it was fairly small, simple block-style lettering.  I don't know if the movie version correctly displayed the mission tallies and other personal markings either.

SN

• Thanks 1