Topic 8 - Byes and proposal periods

Topic 7  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Proposals which do not qualify for The Bunfight:

• must start from scratch in the following year.
    • will get one bye into the following year and then start from scratch
    • will get two byes into the following years and then start from scratch
  2. 2. The proposal period for groupbuilds will run from 1 November to 31 October the following year. Do you support this?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/29/2023 at 11:59 PM

Following up on this discussion.

I have added another Question.  The proposal period for groupbuilds will run from 1 November to 31 October the following year.

So for example, the proposal period for 2025 groupbuilds started on 1 Nov 2023 and will run until 31 Oct 2024.   

This is a yes/no choice.   If I get a No result, I will thow the question open to further consultation.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

Halloween is a great date for the ritual killing of the unsuccessful proposals. Excellent choice.

Actually I chose it 'cos it's the day before the start of The Bunfight.  :lol: 

• Like 1

gosh I don't think we need a chart to see where this one is going!!!

Ok, if one of the other 2 #1 Proposals goes through does that mean the proposals that didn't go through get to be voted on next year????  :blink:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

gosh I don't think we need a chart to see where this one is going!!!

Ok, if one of the other 2 #1 Proposals goes through does that mean the proposals that didn't go through get to be voted on next year????  :blink:

I think @Enzo the Magnificent said that this possible rule change won't be applied until next year so the proposals that didn't make it to the bunfight in November 2023 will get a bye.

• Like 1

Would it not be possible to simply say "proposals have X months to get enough people to clear the fence"?  This once-a-year business just seems to cause unnecessary complications.  If they get killed on Halloween, at what point approaching that date will people not bother to suggest topics?

As for Enzo, the thing that made me realize he was a myth was the obvious- who among us REALLY builds them all?

4 hours ago, Bertie McBoatface said:

@Enzo the Magnificent does, that's why he has to be omnipotent, omnipresent and omniscient - like Santa.

:hmmm:So you say Enzo is like Finnish? We all know :santa: comes from Finland. He shares the Rovaniemi airbase with our HÄVLLV 11, although his sled is STOL/VTOL and our Legacy F/A-18:s are not. Oh BTW, this guy comes also from Rovaniemi... :cheers:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr_Lordi#/media/File:Lordi_Rockharz_2019_48.jpg

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.