Magazine Indexes (Indices?)

Just John

1 hour ago, RAF4EVER said:

Type of magazine would help,there are all sorts of magazines around.

That would help wouldn't it 🙂

Magazines like Scale Aircraft Modelling, Airfix Magazine in any of its iterations, SAMI etc. 

10 hours ago, Farmer matt said:

Sorry @stevehnz, I confess I did not try your link before posting my own!

Matt

No problem Matt, I took it as something I could have done better, it was a bit anonymous. Between the two of us, I think the OP should have got the message now. :)

Steve.

8 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Between the two of us, I think the OP should have got the message now. :)

Steve.

Aeroflight is a terrific resource - also e.g. for the larger number of books covered and the various "series'". Even though there are some significant gaps (and errors in the original Detail & Scale series 😉

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Long ago I downloaded fom the internet an Excel spreadsheet by a chap called John Loughman.  It looks a bit clunky to modern eyes but it was obviously a real labour of love.  It covers at least aircraft, AFVs, warships, possibly more.   Its particular strength is that it goes back way into the 1970s and possibly earlier.  It's no longer kept current probably because the guy who compiled it is no longer with us.  A google search on "John Loughman modelling index" will pull it up.

HTH.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

lots of references to it, but the actual index link was here on BM - the link is now dead though. How big is the file, any chance of a re-upload?

22 hours ago, FalkeEins said:

lots of references to it, but the actual index link was here on BM - the link is now dead though. How big is the file, any chance of a re-upload?

I have the file on my hard disk and put it for a limited time on my drive. Please get it from here (right-click and "save link as..."). It's a 3 MB download.

Carlos

• Thanks 1