1/72 - Westland Wasp HAS.1 by LF Models - released

Homebee

LF Models is to release in March 2024 a 1/72nd Westland Wasp HAS.1 kit.

The former S&M 1/72nd project ?

Source: https://www.facebook.com/LFModels.cz/videos/1413074446295321/

https://www.facebook.com/reel/716182380410478?s=yWDuG2&fs=e

Today, I want to give you a sneak peek into the upcoming plastic model releases for the year 2024. We plan to introduce the WASP model in 1/72 scale to our product range in March 2024. Are you excited?

https://fb.watch/okSAQCZbfB/

https://www.facebook.com/reel/716182380410478

WASP1.png

WASP2.png

WASP3.png

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 8

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Westland Wasp HAS.1 by LF Models - 3D renders - release in March 2024
11 hours ago, Trenton guy said:

It’s raining Wasps!!!

More and more often, for decades neglected subjects will appear from multiple producers at the same time 🫣

Same with Mi-8/17 in 48 scale. 

17 hours ago, Homebee said:

The former S&M 1/72nd project ?

Hopefully so. In case LF did its own molds from scratch - might turn out on the cruder side like their other helicopter kits.  

Edited by Dennis_C
  • Like 2

On 11/16/2023 at 11:30 AM, Dennis_C said:

Hopefully so. In case LF did its own molds from scratch - might turn out on the cruder side like their other helicopter kits.  

Will it be better than the Freightdog resin Wasp I wonder?  

57 minutes ago, AMB said:

Will it be better than the Freightdog resin Wasp I wonder?  

The renders suggest it will be rather more detailed than earlier LF helicopter kits. Let’s hope so.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Trenton guy said:

The renders suggest it will be rather more detailed than earlier LF helicopter kits. Let’s hope so.

Let's see, let's see... LF's Hiller H-12 that I put together now looked quite detailed from the sprue. But as you start to assemble it and compare with real photoes... Quite frankly I do not think it is possible at all to make a nicely detailed helicopter kit in 1/72 without providing good amount of p/e for rotor head, cockpit details and various hinges + a resin cast engine installation. LF gives you only plastic.

Look at the recent kits of AMP H-5 or ClearProp SH-2. These are the examples of more appropriate approach. S&M Wasp could have been of that standard I think. 

Edited by Dennis_C
  • Like 2

Oh no, I hope this doesn't put the kibosh on RotoCraft's work that was finally coming to fruition! Given the research put into that kit it will definitely be the most accurate.

Surely the S&M Wasp was in collaboration with MikroMir/AMP?

I've both the Special Hobby Hiller and the LF and though the latter has much better clear parts than the SH very thick vacform bubble I'm going to cross kit as the older kit's resin parts are far superior.

• 2 months later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Westland Wasp HAS.1 by LF Models - 3D renders+box art - release in March 2024

Positively drooling awaiting this kit, been waiting a lifetime for an injection moulded kit of this birdie in 1/72, hopefully decent render & more boxings to follow...

Lets see I need 6 kits for RN birdies, 2 for NZ, 2 for Indon, 2 South African, 2 for Brazil and 1 Malay and about 3 or 4 for "what if" schemes for the RAN.

• Like 3

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Westland Wasp HAS.1 by LF Models - 3D renders+box art+clear sprue - release in March 2024
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Westland Wasp HAS.1 by LF Models - 3D renders+box art+clear sprue - release in March-April2024
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Westland Wasp HAS.1 by LF Models - 3D renders+box art+clear sprue+test build - release in March-April 2024
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Westland Wasp HAS.1 by LF Models - 3D renders+box art+clear sprue+test build - release in April 2024
4 minutes ago, Stephen B said:

Whilst the wheels are fully castoring, isn't it normal on the Wasp to have the front wheels toed in and the rear toed our?

I'm looking at the photoes and seems rear wheels are either toed in or toed out, while front wheels happen to be either toed parallel to the centerline or toed in (if rearwheels are toed out).

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Westland Wasp HAS.1 by LF Models - released

It’s still not listed at the Big H, although they do have 10% off pre-orders for the S&M kit that will never happen.

Just ordered mine direct from LF. Had good experience with them in the past. Also got the masking sets and a set of resin torpedo’s for the Wasp. Also available from the Aviation Megastore, € 170 postage?

• Like 1