What goes up.... A rotary aircraft spectacular... Part Deux for 2025! Across the line @30. To the Bunfight!

LorenSharp

• LorenSharp changed the title to What goes up.... A rotary aircraft spectacular... Part Deux for 2025! 16 down and 14 to go! Over 1/2 of the way!
  • LorenSharp changed the title to What goes up.... A rotary aircraft spectacular... Part Deux for 2025! 17 down and 13 to go! Over 1/2 of the way!
  • LorenSharp changed the title to What goes up.... A rotary aircraft spectacular... Part Deux for 2025! 18 down and 12 to go! Over 1/2 of the way!
2 hours ago, Keeff said:

I don't do helicopters, so I'll jump in .... after all, what could possibly go wrong? 🤔

Keith 😁 

No better time like the present, I say. Welcome!

• Like 1

• LorenSharp changed the title to What goes up.... A rotary aircraft spectacular... Part Deux for 2025! 19 down and 11 to go! Over 1/2 of the way!
  • LorenSharp changed the title to What goes up.... A rotary aircraft spectacular... Part Deux for 2025! 20 down and 10 to go! Over 2/3 of the way!
  • 2 weeks later...
  • LorenSharp changed the title to What goes up.... A rotary aircraft spectacular... Part Deux for 2025! 22 down and 9 to go! In the Home Stretch!
5 hours ago, Jabba said:

I thought that I had asked to join this GB, but looking at the list my name is not there. So please rectify this and add me to the list.

Consider yerself rectierfied! Welcome!

• LorenSharp changed the title to What goes up.... A rotary aircraft spectacular... Part Deux for 2025! 23 down and 8 to go! In the Home Stretch!
  • LorenSharp changed the title to What goes up.... A rotary aircraft spectacular... Part Deux for 2025! 24 down and 6 to go! In the Home Stretch!
  • LorenSharp changed the title to What goes up.... A rotary aircraft spectacular... Part Deux for 2025! 25 down and 5 to go! In the Home Stretch!
23 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

You aren't forgotten Ray, but you are added! Welcome!

Thanks Loren! I am getting into the helicopter ideas just now, but I will try and keep at least two back for the GB, 'cos it WILL get through this time

Ray

• Thanks 1

• LorenSharp changed the title to What goes up.... A rotary aircraft spectacular... Part Deux for 2025! 26 down and 4 to go! In the Home Stretch!
1 minute ago, LorenSharp said:

There you go Enzo. It would be the the perfect opportunity. And an excellent choice by the way,

But I wanna build a Lynx as well...  :) 

And maybe a CH-46 Sea Knight, which is the scariest hecilopter I have ever flown in!  I once flew from Dhahran to Muharraq in one.  When we boarded, literally one fifth of the cargo space was filled with cans of engine oil, hydraulic oil and oil absorbent  (anyone who has served in the RAF knows it as chicken poo  if you get my gist).  I questioned this with the loadmaster who told me it was standard operational practice.  The CH-46 leaks.  And I mean it leaks!   The chickenstuff was used with gay abandon during flight to clear up leaks that occurred ad hoc.  The loadmaster even replenished the hydraulic system in flight!   It's less than fifty miles from Dhahran to Muharraq!!! :yikes:   

For the return journey, I opted for a flight in a Saudi UH-1.  That may not have been the wisest choice as it had bullet holes in the floor which nobody had seen fit to repair...   :shrug:  I suppose needs must when the devil vomits into your kettle.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1