Douglas DC-8-73 Aire d'Evasion, Minicraft 1:144

Hi guys,

here is my second finished DC-8. The first one can be found here: https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235131153-dc-8-52-air-new-zealand-authentic-airliners-1144/

The -73 was the final stage in the development of this sleek airliner. It had the longest fuselage, the widest span and the most modern engine of that time. 

The airline only operated this single aircraft for only almost one year, based in Paris CDG in 1993.

The kit is from Minicraft and the fit was mostly okay, only the wing span extensions created some problems. Of course, the small deflectors on the engines, the antennas and fuel probes had to be added. The metal colours were done mostly with MiG-Ammo, with some polishing paste by AK.

Decals are from TwoSix, with some additions from the kit decals. The aftermarket decal makers mostly forget to provide overwing exit markings, engine details etc.

Hope you like the "flying tube", as the long DC-8s were called.

spacer.png

01a.jpg

03b.jpg

03c.jpg

04b.jpg

06a.jpg

20231101-152654.jpg

20231101-202404.jpg

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by NorbertBu
  • Like 42
  • Thanks 1

Excellent model as always Norbert.  I really like the unusual livery.

I'm sorry I never had the chance to fly on a DC-8  but I remember reading somewhere that if you were sitting near the back of a -73 in turbulence you could see the fuselage flexing. That must have been rather strange!

Dave G

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

if you were sitting near the back of a -73 in turbulence you could see the fuselage flexing. That must have been rather strange!

It probably helped their whiskey sales no end if people hadn't seen it before as well....