X-Scale / Eastern Express British Airways Trident 1C with 26Decals

Hi All.

Finally got this one finished.

Kit went together without too many problems , clear cockpit part needed a bit of fettling.

Painted with Holts appliance white, Holts Blue HNAV09 and Holts Red HRE20

Background pic is of LHR from my own collection :)

X-Scale_Trident_1C.jpg

X-Scale_Trident_1C_1.jpg

X-Scale_Trident_1C_2.jpg

X-Scale_Trident_1C_3.jpg

• Like 52
  • Thanks 1

Excellent model Ray. Thanks for sharing.

The photos (particularly the first one) suggest that X-Scale have captured the wing "kink" very well. Airfix ignored it and F-RSIN exaggerated it but your model looks spot on.

Dave G

I love it!  Nice Gripper, indeed, and a lot of careful execution on this, Ray.  What do you think of the nose shape, especially in the 1/4 view?  In the side view, it looks perfectly fine.  Will you be issuing sets of decals for this kit, e.g. for the Speedjack and classic BEA square schemes?

Fantastic build, looks absolutely at home with that set up, I thought it was just photos of the aircraft you were going to build!!!

Loved watching the Tridents when I was a kid at LHR, so much character compared to a320s etc nowadays!!!

Superb - the Trident is such a lovely aircraft and you’ve certainly done her justice. The first photo could easily be mistaken for the real thing!

I hope that, one day, Didier at Mach2 will give us a 1/72nd scale version - I’d love a larger scale version to add to my fleet. 

Tom

Edited by tomprobert

On 11/1/2023 at 5:25 AM, Skodadriver said:

Excellent model Ray. Thanks for sharing.

The photos (particularly the first one) suggest that X-Scale have captured the wing "kink" very well. Airfix ignored it and F-RSIN exaggerated it but your model looks spot on.

Dave G

I have the kit myself and EE really did depict the "kink" or "crank" to the inboard wing quite well.

I need to order one from X-Scale since they rolled out the multiple BEA schemes and their shipping costs are more reasonable....