Douglas Boston III 18 Sq RAF MTO. Old kit Airfix in 1/72. DK decals

Now this Boston is a little more interesting than the Warhawk I just looked at.  Don't get me wrong, the Warhawk is just great and how can you not like any version of the P-40?  But this is a Boston with such a great history and so many variations of the aircraft.  (Turbinlite anyone?)  I was wondering about the ease of build of this kit, being somewhat older, how was it?  The finish is good and it looks like the long nose version.  Thanks for sharing.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, georgeusa said:

Now this Boston is a little more interesting than the Warhawk I just looked at.  Don't get me wrong, the Warhawk is just great and how can you not like any version of the P-40?  But this is a Boston with such a great history and so many variations of the aircraft.  (Turbinlite anyone?)  I was wondering about the ease of build of this kit, being somewhat older, how was it?  The finish is good and it looks like the long nose version.  Thanks for sharing.

Thank you very much mate. Afther wip out all the rivetsss and ad some "furniture" inside (that you cannot see at the end), it was not a bad kit. for the Turbinlite, see just below.

Alain

23 hours ago, keith in the uk said:

Now there is a blast from the past :happy: remember building this one with my mate on his mums door step ( she wouldnt let us in the house because of the smell from the glue) 🤪 ah happy days. :goodjob:

Thank you, yes happy days of the past.

The first Airfix Boston was made with my dad. Souvenir, souvenir.

Alain

On 31/10/2023 at 18:50, Paul J said:

I used to like this kit. Built about 4 about at different times. And I very much remember that box top too-!!!

Nicely done Alain.

Thank you very much Paul.

Alain

On 01/11/2023 at 14:26, 112 Squadron said:

An excellent final result Alain. Indeed you invested a lot of effort to achieve it with such an old kit.

Thank you very much mate.

Alain

On 02/11/2023 at 18:30, Bertie McBoatface said:

Smart. I think I remember that box art from waaaay back when.

Yes indeed Bertie, This is the first box of Airfix's Boston II

Thank you and welcome.

Alain

• Like 1

Nice work on an oldie there. I was too young to build mine so my uncle stepped in with the bigger models. 

Scalemates have it as a 1963 first release so it’s 60 years old and I’d be all of 10 years old when he made for me.  Typically I was a little disappointed in the Boston kit as it only had two machine guns :D

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, JohnT said:

Nice work on an oldie there. I was too young to build mine so my uncle stepped in with the bigger models. 

Scalemates have it as a 1963 first release so it’s 60 years old and I’d be all of 10 years old when he made for me.  Typically I was a little disappointed in the Boston kit as it only had two machine guns :D

Thank you very much John. The first Boston I made was with my father. I was only 1 yo when the kit was release.

Alain