MiG-25PD Iraqi Airforce ICM 1/48 - finished :)

12 minutes ago, exdraken said:

thanks for the pics, 

but only some had the anti glare? or PDs only?

AFAIK the antiglare was standard in service. PDS's were Ps brought up to PD 'standards. PDS's were unable to carry the centreline fuel tank - generally.

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1

I added the anti glare shield for the IR sensor

UNr5WQ9.jpg

guessing its shape by some front and side photos...

so, I went for the slightly less bright ICM Iraqi roundles, mostly because of consistency, as Begemot only provide 4 large roundle triangle  and 2 smaller (too small accordnig to photos) and the balck outline is also bolder with ICM, closer to the photos in shape!

sQJhDT5.jpg

MRs9ZGL.jpg

fin flash / flag is the newer print from Begemot, with a clear white portion of the flagh and text between the stars

The wing roundels are placed at  an angle as well, contract to ICM and Begemot instructions... photos and the Tom Cooper book let me believe so....

:fingerscrossed:

• Like 2

• exdraken changed the title to MiG-25PD Iraqi Airforce ICM 1/48 - decals
On 11/22/2023 at 9:56 AM, exdraken said:

some more, in better light.
not sure about stencils... they look a bit prominent!

Nice progress Werner and getting those wing insignia at the correct angle is good - an interesting feature of this particular type when we know what to look for.

Perhaps a light coat of the base colour to tone the stencils down slightly will work? On photos of the real machines they are there and certainly noticeable when paying attention but, as you note, not prominent.

lets see how far I will get... any chance of a one week extension?
I know we are not many that could profit from one,, but I certainly would!

@Enzo the Magnificent, @trickyrich any chance?

Reskit pylons decaled and mounted

0FZIgZV.jpg

missile engine exhaust drilled out for more accuracy. I did not invest into Reskit missiles, I though the kit ones good enough....

CKjhpDF.jpg

are they? I do not fully understand the R-40 missiles, it versions and detail....

SL73Iel.jpg

can anyone help me?
those here supposedly are R-40TD and RD missiles not sure if anything crucial is wrong with them!

thanks!

• Like 3

Sadly I can't help you with the R-40 missile details Werner but what you have there looks good.

As for an extension; a good idea if it helps populate the gallery :) 

• Like 1

On 29/11/2023 at 17:19, exdraken said:

CKjhpDF.jpg

are they? I do not fully understand the R-40 missiles, it versions and detail....

SL73Iel.jpg

can anyone help me?
those here supposedly are R-40TD and RD missiles not sure if anything crucial is wrong with them!

thanks!

I think that the missiles are fine, I used the kit ones when I built the 1/72nd kit. I should have some info in some books that are not at hand at the moment, so if you can wait until tomorrow when I can have a look at them and find what info I can. I do know that one missile is infra red and the other radar, but which is which I am not sure and that one of each goes under each wing.

• Thanks 1

@exdraken @Col. I didn't realise that this one ended this weekend, thought it was later in the month!!!!

I will ask our lord and master for an extension....I have just about finished all the painting, just minor bits to go.......but still have the decals and billion stencil decals to go!! 

• Like 2

As far as I can see from the books that I have and there  was no real clear picture, the missiles that come with the kit are fine. I as hoping that one of the books would have had plans of the missiles as it does haven plans of the aircraft. So it looks like you are good to go. Also from what I have tried to read the Iraqi MiG-25s carried the radar versions on the inboard pylons. I hope that this small amount of info is of help to you.

Both IR & radar R-40s were carried and typically fired in pairs.  The IR first, followed by the radar guided.  The RD (radar guided) is the one with the pointier nose.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • exdraken changed the title to MiG-25PD Iraqi Airforce ICM 1/48 - finished :)
  • 3 weeks later...