6 Squadron Hurricane Mk IId - from the Arma Hobby 1/48 MkIIc Trop

On 25/11/2023 at 08:38, Fritag said:

Still in the mucking about stage that seems to happen in all of my builds.  Maybe I have commitment issues? :hmmm::D

Me too, on both counts.  Since it's been so cold these last few days I've been unable to get into my garage to start applying the camouflage paint, so instead I have been sorting out some other kits in my warm modelling room.  Really neat work on the 3D printing and the conversion of the wing. :like:

Here's the relevant diagrams from the MkII manual the facsimile of which was published by the RAF Museum:

53372847548_47b77a2d0f_k.jpg

53372979974_25fa0f2023_k.jpg

53371752672_5d091a8003_k.jpg

53372847658_fd256ad38d_k.jpg

(Hmmm, I always thought the 0.303" sighting gun was inboard of the 40mm cannon... I never looked at this close enough)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

On 10/19/2023 at 5:11 AM, Fritag said:

... Test print:

embed?resid=10FD7A2D587EC067!17042&authk

embed?resid=10FD7A2D587EC067!17040&authk

Those prints are amazing, what brand of 3D printer and what type of plastic are you using.

I really enjoy using Fusion 360, though I've yet to successfully combine the solid modelling environment and the surface/mesh/plastic modelling environments with much consistency. The part I've struggled with is intersecting the different models, for example using a surface from a solid model as a reference in a surface/mesh/plastic model.
It's been a year since I've done a lot of modelling, so perhaps I need to experiment a bit more to see if additional functionality has been added that makes this easier now?

Edited by StevSmar
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Oooh look, first post of the year..... :thumbsup:

On 12/3/2023 at 3:32 PM, StevSmar said:

Those prints are amazing,

Have to agree with Steven, they do look rather amazing, but then we have come to expect no less! :D

T.

9 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

Oooh look, first post of the year..... :thumbsup:

Don't we have to wait for a government reshuffle before he posts an update, or have the rules changed?

• Haha 7

14 hours ago, hendie said:

Don't we have to wait for a government reshuffle before he posts an update, or have the rules changed?

Given the state of politics over here, I don't think we'll have long to wait

James

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

22 hours ago, hendie said:

Yes, we have to wait until he returns from vacation.

So, no. No change then

Ian

• Haha 10

Morning all,

On 1/24/2024 at 5:02 PM, Brandy said:

Yes, we have to wait until he returns from vacation.

So, no. No change then

Ummh.  Yes.  well. Wot Ian said.

I've not lost motivation or interest in this little build.  If anything quite the reverse.  But it's just a very busy time of year leaving little if any time for the pleasures of one's hobby.

I've been skiing already in Austria with some old Jag-pals (old being an appropriate adjective for both the aircraft and the pilots) and am shortly to go to Chamonix with Mrs F .  And in between times it's been a case of working 'ard and legal type stuff to get ahead of the game to go skiing and then to catch up afterwards.

Mid Feb is pencilled in for re-commencement of modelling activities...

I've found that when not actively able to do modelling it's often better for the Friday morale not to frequent the BM site too often...  

On 12/3/2023 at 3:32 PM, StevSmar said:

what brand of 3D printer and what type of plastic are you using.

I should have replied to this earlier Steven.  Sorry.  I use a Mars 3 printer and Elegoo water washable resin.  The printer is in the garage and this time of year I use on of those little in-printer heaters to warm the resin and the in-printer environment to c.25 degrees C.

• Like 4

I have really enjoyed reviewing the build so far! I would be tempted to do something similar myself.

I certainly sympathise with the enforced hobby breaks - sometimes life just keeps you from the bench!

• 2 months later...
On 1/26/2024 at 7:16 AM, Fritag said:

Mid Feb is pencilled in for re-commencement of modelling activities...

This feels like one of those tumbleweed moments .............. just saying!

Actually, I've not done any modelling myself for around 3 months. It's so damp down here in deepest Dorset..... 

T

• Like 3
  • Haha 1