CVR(T) FV101 Salamander

Hamden

OK got rid of that Covid bug so first off thanks to everyone for your comments and good wishes, today I felt like going to the bench to familiarize myself as to the state of play I left this project at.

Things soon came back to me and a small amount of progress  has been made with the hull being given a coat of grey primer and the turret has had the sensor suite fitted as well as the hatches, should be ready for primer soon! Anyway here are a couple pics to show where we are 

IMG-0471.jpg

IMG-0472.jpg

IMG-0473.jpg

IMG-0474.jpg

That's it for now back soon with more

Thanks for your time and I hope your projects  are proceeding as you wish 

Stay safe                 Roger

• Like 17

Thanks to @Spookytooth, @viper-30, @ivan-o, @Bullbasket, @edjbartos and @FrancisGL for your kind comments, and to all who hit the like button.

OK a small update the basic colour has been applied

IMG-0475.jpg

IMG-0476.jpg

IMG-0477.jpg

IMG-0478.jpg

Not much but a little progress and also a set of AFV workable tracks has mysteriously appeared on the bench so they should add a bit to the finished project even though they are plastic rather than metal.

Thanks for stopping by your time is appreciated

Stay safe              Roger  

• Like 17

Good to hear you're Covid free Roger! Great work on the scratchbuilding and now you're at the paint stage, this is really coming together 👌

Keith 😁 

• Thanks 1

Hi Roger, as you know I dont usually if ever come into tankyworld but a club project forced my hand in here and blimey mate what a fantastic job you are doing with the old Scorpion er Salamander.

I love a bit/lot of scratchbuilding as you know, this taps all my buttons.

So although I am unaccustomed to the landscape here I'm going to be riding along.

10/10

• Thanks 1

On 12/11/2023 at 9:24 PM, APA said:

Nice work Roger

The paint has really pulled it together 👍🏻

Looking forward to doing mine now 😁

Andrew

On 12/13/2023 at 10:03 AM, FrancisGL said:

Hi Roger,

I love what a coat of paint is capable of doing, on the one hand the reality of the previous scratch work is lost, but the result is worth it.

Cheers

Francis.👍

On 12/14/2023 at 6:47 AM, Bullbasket said:

Starting to come to life now. It's all looking very good Roger. Nice work.

John. 

On 12/14/2023 at 7:52 AM, Keeff said:

Good to hear you're Covid free Roger! Great work on the scratchbuilding and now you're at the paint stage, this is really coming together 👌

Keith 😁 

On 12/14/2023 at 11:15 AM, edjbartos said:

Looking very good with the paint on Roger, well done...

Ed

Thanks to everyone for the very kind comments they are very much appreciated

7 minutes ago, perdu said:

Hi Roger, as you know I dont usually if ever come into tankyworld but a club project forced my hand in here and blimey mate what a fantastic job you are doing with the old Scorpion er Salamander.

I love a bit/lot of scratchbuilding as you know, this taps all my buttons.

So although I am unaccustomed to the landscape here I'm going to be riding along.

10/10

Hi Bill nice to see you and it's your scratch building that has inspired me to have ago, I am in awe of your work in 1/72 and know I could not do it in that scale.

This will most likely be the last post before the Christmas break so I'd like to wish everyone a HAPPY CHRISTMAS and NEW YEAR and THANK YOU ALL for following and commenting 

Stay  safe               Roger

• Like 4