My Fare Lady - a Revell 1:24 Austin FX4 Taxi re-imagined

Neddy

It's looking great. Don't go rushing the finish on our account and risk spoiling it. We can wait. Good luck and all the best for the operations. I'll probably need something similar in the future, but how to cope with waiting for my vision to come back without my bedtime reading session? Arrgh!

• Thanks 1

That's looking brilliant! Really great idea, very well executed!

As Pete says, don't rush to finish it, it looks too good to spoil!

All the very best for the ops, you'll be detailing 1/43 scale engines after them.... :)

Keith

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

It's looking great. Don't go rushing the finish on our account and risk spoiling it. We can wait. Good luck and all the best for the operations. I'll probably need something similar in the future, but how to cope with waiting for my vision to come back without my bedtime reading session? Arrgh!

Thanks guys for all your kind thoughts.  @Pete in Lincs: I'll let you know how it goes.  I'm also an avid reader, both bedtime and otherwise.  I really don't know what to expect but I have contingency plans in place - a Kindle with adjustable typefaces and typesizes, an Amazon Audible subscription ready in case I can't read much at all.  Oh, and Scotch to make me forget all about it. 😁

• Like 1

All brightwork now added.  Wipers (they are in the right position believe it or not, I checked several online images to make sure) mirrors, bumpers, rear lights and a fair bit of BMF.  I couldn't resist adding a pair of exhaust tailpipes (well, there IS a V8 under the bonnet!) made from aluminium tubing acquired for a previous build.  As a final touch I re-purposed an attache case supplied with the Isetta kit built earlier in the year (I thought it looked a bit twee perched on the Isetta's boot-rack) and what was a 1/16 scale attache case now becomes a 1/24 scale luggage trunk which will sit alongside the driver.

spacer.png

spacer.png

...and that completes the model.  The RFI thread is here, meantime I hope the two pics above will suffice for the time being.

Thanks as always for your interest, comments and company during the build.  It was a lot of fun and I can now relax and take a break from modelling while my eyes are operated on.  I should be back in full fettle about the middle of March 2024, meantime I'll lurk and comment as and when I am able to.

• Like 9

That looks really fabulous!  Well done.  Great workmanship, with a suitable dose of creative imagination.

Good luck with op.  Hope it ends satisfactorily for you.

Trevor

• Thanks 1

Nope, just couldn't resist it!   I hated the idea of having to stare at it for the best part of three months before putting the final touches to it.

• Like 2