Rug Rat 1/72nd HS Andover C.1 Finished at last.

Mr T

• 3 weeks later...

Some progress and I feel I am getting to the end with this kit. It has not been the easiest build, but the decals are all on now. Various bits have been added like the undercarriage and doors. The aerials and air data probes have been scratch built as the cast metal bits are a bit crude (OK, I lost them as well). The wheels and one bit of aerial will be added tonight, and a start made on the final detail painting. This project has been more work than I thought it would be, but nearly there now.

embed?resid=2A6BA3C6BF8C0827!41383&authk

embed?resid=2A6BA3C6BF8C0827!41384&authk

The props are also done, the holes for them needed a bit more drilling out and are now a good fit that probably will not need any gluing.

• Like 11

Thanks, I am glad you like the Andover, close to, you can see the imperfections, but I am quite pleased with it so far. Now that the decals are on, it feels near the end. 

It was good to meet you and put a name to a face as neither us remotely resemble our avatars. 

• Like 1

A degree of frustration has now set in with this build. The model is at the stage where it requires the final varnish coat, but I have now been stuck by a bout of frontal sinusitis. This something I occasionally suffer from as a result of years of nose problems, and it tends to take the shine off life a bit. Hopefully all will be on track soon.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Thanks everyone, it will get better, just needs time. It is a bit like being punched in the face with a discharge down the nose (if you a lucky, a nice green colour). It also tends to be worse as the day progresses. Mrs T has gone to take a friend out, I haven't gone as said friend is very vulnerable to picking up any chest etc infections and I do not to put her at risk. Thought as I wasn't feeling so bad, I would have a go at spraying some varnish. Only to find that one end of airbrush hose has snapped off. One on order so hopefully here fast. 

• Like 1

Thanks, Amazon Prime has it in hand, so should be here tomorrow. A quiet today has meant that things seem to be settling down a bit. 

• Like 2

The Andover is finished and now in the Gallery. A bit of a challenge in places, but I don't think It's turned out too bad, all things considered.

• Like 4

• Mr T changed the title to Rug Rat 1/72nd HS Andover C.1 Finished at last.
40 minutes ago, Mr T said:

The Andover is finished and now in the Gallery. A bit of a challenge in places, but I don't think It's turned out too bad, all things considered.

Well I think your Andover turned out brilliantly, I know that this wasn't the easiest kit to build and that it put up a bit of a fight at times but your skill and perseverance has really paid off and resulted in a fantastic model of a great aircraft in what I believe to be the best colour scheme it ever wore. Thank you for having taken part in the GB and very well done again on producing such an excellent model.

• Thanks 1

Thanks everyone for the comments. The sinusitis has settled down and turned into cough and a cold, which is slowly getting better. This is when you realise you are no longer twenty. Mrs T has prescribed some Cointreau of an evening. Doesn't cure cold, just makes you feel better about it. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Shame on me for missing this exemplary build when it was progressing 😞 Great subject for the GB and very unusual to see a big, resin multimedia kit in a limited time groupbuild 🫡 Turned out superbly, really well done 👏👏👏

• Thanks 1