Tips for Revell A321neo glazing

I'm the middle of the above 1/144 kit and have been putting off one job as long as possible....

Cockpit glazing!

Whilst it's good the way that Revell have designed the glazing as a 'cap' to be fitted, the cockpit windows are just a tad too close to the edge to be able to safely glue, and blend in easily. Any tips for this? Or am I just going to have to bite the bullet and use the black pseudo window decals provided on the sheet after sanding back?

(First and possibly only 144 scale kit as being built solely for a club comp!)

I use Tamiya extra thin for jobs like this. Place the 'cap' exactly where you want it, touch some cement on the join anywhere away from the windows,(using the brush in the bottle) and let capillary action draw the glue around. you can see the glue whizz round in a flash if you do it right.  It won't go all the way around so do it in about 4 places, 2 on front, and 2 at the back.

You should get a brief amount of time to make any fine adjustments to the position.

• Like 1

If John's method doesn't work out for you there is still no need to use the "black pseudo window decals".

Authentic Airliner Decals will do you a nice set of "photo real" cockpit windows (with or without cabin windows) which are a good compromise between clear windows and the horrible plain black ones.

Dave G

11 minutes ago, Skodadriver said:

If John's method doesn't work out for you there is still no need to use the "black pseudo window decals".

Authentic Airliner Decals will do you a nice set of "photo real" cockpit windows (with or without cabin windows) which are a good compromise between clear windows and the horrible plain black ones.

Dave G

Thanks for the info - however, as I don't work, and it's the only 1/144 scale kit I have (and probably will ever build) from my perspective it's not worth investing in any additional aftermarket products.

1 hour ago, Viking said:

I use Tamiya extra thin for jobs like this. Place the 'cap' exactly where you want it, touch some cement on the join anywhere away from the windows,(using the brush in the bottle) and let capillary action draw the glue around. you can see the glue whizz round in a flash if you do it right.  It won't go all the way around so do it in about 4 places, 2 on front, and 2 at the back.

You should get a brief amount of time to make any fine adjustments to the position.

How do you go about blending in the very obvious seam though? That's the issue that I will have!

1 hour ago, treker_ed said:

Thanks for the info - however, as I don't work, and it's the only 1/144 scale kit I have (and probably will ever build) from my perspective it's not worth investing in any additional aftermarket products.

No problem. If you do find yourself needing a "photo real" decal I have plenty of spares. Feel free to drop me a pm and I'll whizz one off to you.

Dave G