To the Few... September1939 to November 1940 - 1 Sep to 3 Dec 2024

LorenSharp

On 11/13/2023 at 6:13 PM, theplasticsurgeon said:

Pitching in with this Airfix Hurricane,

using these decals.

I haven't been added to the list.

Leaving me feeling unincluded.

Only just saw this GB.  No idea how it escaped my attention.  I would like to join if I may?

Not sure what to build yet, I need to go through the 57 or so Fleet Air Arm pilots who won the BoB clasp and see if I can identify specific aircraft involved.  I previously have built aircraft for, SLt Paul, SLt Jeram, SLt Gardner, SLt Cork, SLt Blake (Airfix Spifire & Hurricane in 1/48) so plenty of choices.  Would like to have a crack at the Eduard Spitfire Ia, or Arma Hurricane I in 1/48 might also build another Fulmar, or if really pushed a Sea Gladiator.

Or just maybe a Brendan Finucane Spitfire…….

• Like 1

Sounds like a great Idea. Welcome aboard. Of course you could just follow the "Enzo Rule". Build them all.:wicked:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Evening All,

Coming to the party a little late I'm afraid. Any room for a small one?

I've got a 1/72 Arma Hurricane Mk I in the cupboard which should fit the brief nicely (unless I mess it up)!

All the best 

Peter 

There's always room for one more build. Like Jell-O There's always room. Welcome aboard!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

When did Mk.IIc Hurricanes arrive in service ? 

Late spring-summer 1941 from what I could find Dennis

• Thanks 1

I'm still considering one of those once in a lifetime builds for this GB and Mulling over Trumpeter's 1/24 MK l Hurricane or at least Revell's newish I/32 offering common sence dictate's the latter!

• Like 1

Either way Steve,It'll be a really BIG Shew. Unless of course ,you decide to do  both:wicked:

• Haha 1

Hi,

can you please add my name to the list.

I am very late coming out of the closet, because I did forbid myself to take part to this GB. I am proud to say that I was doing quite well, and could most of the time ignore it completely.

And then... I am still trying t figure out what went wrong.

I am sure I have a Spitfire that could fit the bill: good looking and pretty quick to build!

Once more I believe that the Scottish Santa is to blame... We know where you hide, @JOCKNEY.

Looking forward to this great GB.

JR.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone

May I be added as well?

It would be my first GB and my Eduard Spitfire Mk Ia weekend edition should fit here nicely. As I have a strong interest in the Battle of Britain it will be most probably a scheme from the later half of 1940.

• Like 1

BY all means Barney, Welcome aboard, and :post1: to BM and YOUR first Group build. The first of what I hope will be many. :thumbsup: