To the Few... September1939 to November 1940 - 1 Sep to 3 Dec 2024

LorenSharp

Thanks you're both on the list.

7 hours ago, Old Man said:

Sign me up, Loren.

Fond of the English black and whites, among other things.

James

I'm partial to English Black and Tans... if I can't get a Guinness that is.

• Haha 3

I know, I know, Black and Tan has a different connotation here in the States than in  Ireland. My reference was towards Michlob's Black and Tan beer. which sadly  isn't made any more that I know of. Apologies to my Irish brethren,

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

I know, I know, Black and Tan has a different connotation here in the States than in  Ireland. My reference was towards Michlob's Black and Tan beer. which sadly  isn't made any more that I know of. Apologies to my Irish brethren,

I'm from the States as well, Loren. No political stance taken.

Did a model of this awkward end for a Bristol:

aABTPig.jpg

It's an interesting story....

James

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Would there still be the BoB 85th Anniversary GB in late summer of 2025, @Enzo the Magnificent?

It's possible.  However, this proposed GB has a much wider scope. :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enzo the Magnificent said:

It's possible.  However, this proposed GB has a much wider scope. :thumbsup: 

Would it be too rude to ask, in that case, that The Few were handed a place in the Future GB calendar when there are 30 names on the list? If not (too rude, I mean), I'm asking for an automatic inclusion in GB Calendar, please 🙂.

Yes, I did listen to "Aces High" yesterday, several/too many times, and I started to see Do 17:s and 215:s in my eyes... so far unbuilt ones :coolio:

Best regards, V-P

5 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

Would it be too rude to ask, in that case, that The Few were handed a place in the Future GB calendar when there are 30 names on the list? If not (too rude, I mean), I'm asking for an automatic inclusion in GB Calendar, please 🙂.

We already have one automatic inclusion for next year (NATO 75th) but it is worth considering.  Leave it with me and I'll see what we can do.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2023 at 7:26 AM, MARADER said:

Can a land military technique participate?

What did you have in mind? I wanted to keep it as close as possible to just aircraft this round. but if it was say, a diorama with aircraft and ground equipment that's ok.

On 04/09/2023 at 18:02, vppelt68 said:

On 04/09/2023 at 18:10, Enzo the Magnificent said:

We already have one automatic inclusion for next year (NATO 75th) but it is worth considering.  Leave it with me and I'll see what we can do.

After due consideration, I feel this one is worthy of an automatic inclusion into next year's calendar.  The dates will be Sunday 1 September to Monday 23 December 2024.

• Like 5

And as an extra bonus. After consultation with Enzo Ground equipment and how about we really go whole hog... Air/Sea Rescue, (ship and plane) and the like to really make this all inclusive. Lets really celebrate and remember . To the Few...

• Like 2

By the time this rolls around, the FRROM Battle will have been released so my plan is to build a Belgian Hurricane and Battle.   Also, given the new all-encompassing scope of the GB, I fancy a BEF Matilda.

• Like 3

I think(oh boy, here we go) since I've changed the conditions(slightly:gobsmacked:) and opened up the criteria a smidge, I'm going to go out on a limb and create some subjects that haven't been done in my preferred scale 1/48 , as far as I know. These all will be scratch built or more precisely 3D printed depending on how much information I can find, scrounge, barter, steal on these subjects.

1. Bristol Bombay

2. Boulton-Paul P.75 Overstrand

3. Handley Page H.P. 54 Harrow

4. Handley Page  H.P. 50 Heyford

5. Blackburn B.26 Botha.

I have a bit of research and a lot of work to do methinks. Never was one to go the well trodden path.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LorenSharp said:

1. Bristol Bombay

2. Boulton-Paul P.75 Overstrand

3. Handley Page H.P. 54 Harrow

4. Handley Page  H.P. 50 Heyford

5. Blackburn B.26 Botha.

We're not worthy!!!

:mike: 

• Haha 2