Hawker Hurricane Mk I, Night Fighter. 96 Sq RAF, Cranage February 1941. Kit Arma Hobby 1/72. Decals AML.

Good Hurricane in a night fighter scheme.  You have to admire the individual who would go up in these Hurricanes in pitch black skies looking for other airplanes that were flying just about as blind as you are.  Enemy versus friendly recognition is a bare minimum of time and having to avoid collisions seems a great risk also.  Add to that disorientation from the darkness that can occur.  Fighting at night on the ground was difficult enough from my experience.  I can't even imagine the increased difficulty doing it in an airplane without radar.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, georgeusa said:

Good Hurricane in a night fighter scheme.  You have to admire the individual who would go up in these Hurricanes in pitch black skies looking for other airplanes that were flying just about as blind as you are.  Enemy versus friendly recognition is a bare minimum of time and having to avoid collisions seems a great risk also.  Add to that disorientation from the darkness that can occur.  Fighting at night on the ground was difficult enough from my experience.  I can't even imagine the increased difficulty doing it in an airplane without radar.  Thanks for sharing.

Thank you mate. You are totaly right.

Welcome

Alain

13 hours ago, Mohawk said:

These Arma Hobby Hurricanes are supposed to be really good,what was it like to build and is it worth the price? BTW well tidy build.

Regards

Mohawk

Thank you. Arma kits are nice kits to build.

Alain