Tamiya Comet 1/35

Folks, like bus, wait for ages and two come together.  I've been on leave this week so I've had a chance to complete one that I had started and was just waiting for a chance to finish.  I bought it last year when it was released if nothing else to encourage Tamiya to do more British vehicles.  It is virtually OOB, except I couldn't help myself and replace the bar handles with brass wire and add some texture to the turret and the front armour plate.

embed?resid=D744FFA8EE3BAA3F!10121&authk

embed?resid=D744FFA8EE3BAA3F!10120&authk

embed?resid=D744FFA8EE3BAA3F!10123&authk

embed?resid=D744FFA8EE3BAA3F!10122&authk

embed?resid=D744FFA8EE3BAA3F!10126&authk

embed?resid=D744FFA8EE3BAA3F!10124&authk

One thing I did do was pair down the birdcage sight as it was chunky.

embed?resid=D744FFA8EE3BAA3F!10125&authk

As expected for Tamiya, it assembled like a dream with minimal seam lines and zero flash.  My only criticism is, unlike the Bronco offering, you can only do a WW2 version.  It stayed in British service until 1960 in Hong Kong and foreign service until the 80's.  Bronco includes the fish tail exhaust and the smoke dischargers for a Type B.  Bronco also includes working tracks, but I must admit the link and length tracks Tamiya include are the best fitting I've ever come across.  They were the perfect length.

Paint is Mig SCC15, gloss coat Quick Shine, Vallejo matt coat, oil paint and terps pin wash, and Mig pigments.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Nice work Bill. I built this very tank (Celerity), only it was the one from AFV Club. At least Tamiya give you the mantlet dust cover.

John.

Thanks one and all. 

John, yes, I forgot to mention the mantlet cover, although I quite liked the look of it without.  This version doesn't give you the option.  I didn't realise AFV Club did one.  The previous time I fancied building one all I could find was the Bronco offering. 

Bill

1 hour ago, Big_Bad_Bill said:

I didn't realise AFV Club did one.  The previous time I fancied building one all I could find was the Bronco offering. 

Sorry Bill. It's egg on face time, as it was the Bronco version that I was talking about and not AFV Club. It's still a good kit though.

John.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...