HESA Shahed 136/Geran-2 (PLT279) 1:48 - Mike Finished a Model!

We got this in to review the other day, and I fancied a quick build, so left the box open after I posted the review here, and knocked it together pretty quickly, although it was done in between other things, such as fixing my old folks' faulty radiator and annoying phone system, plus the usual ;) It goes together nicely with very little effort, other than trying to keep my sausage fingers from breaking bits off it of course :blush: 

I painted it with some Alclad white primer with a touch of grey added to give it an off-white look, then gave it about half a dozen coats of Alclad Aqua Gloss, applying the decals about three coats in at about the same time as a mixture of Ultimate's Concrete and Dark Dirt washes to the panel lines.  I picked out the rivets in mid grey with a dot of off-white on top so they didn't look too prominent, slapped some metallics on the motor, added a beige colour followed by some brown oils on the prop, and grey over a black undercoat on the stand, using some Green Stuff World Chrome for the castors, and highlighting things as I went.

Here she is.  Target practice for the Ukrainian troops.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

...and the underside:

spacer.png

It's 8cm from nose to tail, so not a very large model.  I'm gonna glue the frame to the underside now I've taken the pics, and as it doesn't take up much room in the cabinet, it'll get in there pretty soon now :)

• Like 11