Pups and Bulldogs, East Leeds Airport (Church Fenton) 1st July

Mr T

We had a trip out yesterday to Leeds East Airport, the new name for the former RAF Church Fenton. It has a café that is open to the public and which is near the Control Tower, and you can get a reasonable view of aircraft movements whilst enjoying a cup of tea. We went as it was the Beagle Pup and Bulldog Club Fly In. It was more than a bit breezy which may have put some off, but there were about a dozen planes, including three Chipmunks, which had been invited. It was also a bit of a recce prior to Flying Legends.

embed?resid=2A6BA3C6BF8C0827!41144&authk

embed?resid=2A6BA3C6BF8C0827!41143&authk

embed?resid=2A6BA3C6BF8C0827!41145&authk

embed?resid=2A6BA3C6BF8C0827!41141&authk

embed?resid=2A6BA3C6BF8C0827!41142&authk

Taken on my fairly old Panasonic Lumix FZ28

• Like 9

Hello Mr.T,

Thank You for posting these beautiful photos ..

Each  one looks AWESOME. 

:wow:

And in Yorkshire, God's Own Country to have the show is SUPERB. 

Your photography  is Sharp and NEAT.

:worthy:

not far for ME either ..less than an hour so if time allows and can get tickets etc  I might get to go to Flying  Legends show mid July .

Thank you very much.

:clap:

Thanks for the comment, it is much appreciated. It was nice to have a play with my old camera (long story as to why it is back in use). 

Looking forward to Flying Legends, nice to have a major show in the North. G-AVDF, is one of the prototypes, it was re engined with a Lycoming engine gho be used in the Bulldog. After a long while I storage or as a museum exhibit, it has recently been restored to flight. 

• Like 2

Nice. The last time I went to a Beagle gathering was at Shoreham a few years ago. It's where a lot  of them were assembled. VDF is the only known aeroplane prototype that is airworthy. Quite an accolade.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mr T - sorry - just spotted this - lovely images!

We were there in G-BZXZ/XX629 - have lots of images from the day which I can post if there's interest - here's one from the formation that afternoon:

48b427_7a853139abac4c2a82c75e9b8e31c82b~

Very impressed with Church Fenton/Leeds East!

Iain

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Nice photo. It was interesting to see the Chipmunks, Pups and Bulldogs. They all looked beautifully maintained, and I got into conversation with the chap who edits the Clubs magazine. I hope Leeds East has a future, it is nice to go and watch the aeroplanes, when we went last Thursday, I was surprised how busy it was with normal traffic, let alone the Flying Legends stuff. 

• Like 1