Caravelle III, SAS delivery scheme - Airfix 1/144

Caravelle III, SAS delivery scheme - 1/144

Airfix kit with Twosix Decals 

The Airfix Caravelle has been around since 1961, and not surprisingly is very basic. I bought this kit on ebay without reading the description properly, as it had already been started with roughly pained parts. Still, it was only £5. I stripped it back to bare plastic and started again, but then abandoned it about 5 years ago. Recently I found it in its box and decided to get it finished.

Decals are from Twosix, representing the delivery scheme for SAS, I chose LN-KLN 'Trgve Viking'. They went on beautifully and the cheatlines helpfully included a thin strip of white with the red pinstripe on the nose.

caravelle1.jpg

caravelle2.jpg

caravelle3.jpg

caravelle4.jpg

caravelle5.jpg

With something else - another Airfix Caravelle in the later SAS scheme (LN-KLI 'Einar Viking') from LN decals.

caravelle7.jpg

It may be an old kit but is still worth building I think.  Better engines, & wheels would ne nice though!

Thanks for looking

John

• Like 50
  • Thanks 1

The Caravelle is such an elegant airplane, particularly the later variants with the revised windscreen. Very nice models. Wish someone would produce a Caravelle 12 in 1/72 scale.

• Like 1

Gorgeous as always John with the bonus of being in my favourite SAS livery. The Airfix Caravelle may be ancient but with a bit of tlc it can still produce an excellent model. I really must get round to the 10R I've been going to build for the last five years or so!

Dave G

• Like 1