HMS Severn - River Class OPV (Batch 1) 1/350

Cracking job there Rob some very nice crisp clean details the Padawan has now become the master.  :coolio:

And a fitting dedication to Kev.  :angel: may he rest in peace and watch over us all.

Stay Safe

beefy

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

:goodjob:  Rob!  A fitting tribute.

Those are handsome ships.  I especially like the camo pattern & colours.  Having attempted to scratch build a similar 1/350 RIB & its launch & recovery system, I really like the detail achieved by 3D printing these parts on this model.

John

• Thanks 1

I really like the River Class OPV (I am not a fan of modern ships, actually). You have once again succeeded in creating a particularly beautiful model - despite the initial problems. Also, the improvements made and the clean execution are stunning.  This is exactly what full hull models should look like (without weathering)

• Thanks 1

Very impressive and unusual results, Rob - modern design and colurful, interesting camouflage.

I would add some subtle weathering, we can see it in photos. If I may ask, why you didn't want to add a little?

I must admit you inspired me for unusual journey - I bought my first modern ship too.

However it is strongly related with our"Baltic Lake" 😉. Orange Hobby Visby clas corvette:

207862-11380-46-pristine.jpg

Regards,

Michal

Edited by socjo1
  • Thanks 1

Masterful work in your signature style. Your models are so clean, so crisp and beautiful - I can not think of a more appropriate way to show a ship in miniature. One question though: why not White Ensign? In fact, the ship lacks any flags whatsoever. Raising the flag on amodel always marks the end of a contruction cycle for me. Otherwise: keep up the awesome work, mate!

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all your very kind comments.

On 6/24/2023 at 7:52 PM, socjo1 said:

Very impressive and unusual results, Rob - modern design and colurful, interesting camouflage.

I would add some subtle weathering, we can see it in photos. If I may ask, why you didn't want to add a little?

I must admit you inspired me for unusual journey - I bought my first modern ship too.

However it is strongly related with our"Baltic Lake" 😉. Orange Hobby Visby clas corvette:

207862-11380-46-pristine.jpg

Regards,

Michal

Hi Michal - I was in 2 minds but decided this would be "pristine" in the end.  The only weathering ison the hydraulic aft crane which is so prominent in all the photos.

I Love the look of Visby - so futuristic.   And when will we see the River frigate worked on again?

On 6/26/2023 at 5:53 PM, Micha_Pol said:

Masterful work in your signature style. Your models are so clean, so crisp and beautiful - I can not think of a more appropriate way to show a ship in miniature. One question though: why not White Ensign? In fact, the ship lacks any flags whatsoever. Raising the flag on amodel always marks the end of a contruction cycle for me. Otherwise: keep up the awesome work, mate!

Danke Micha - in all honesty I forgot :banghead:  :doh::lol:

On 6/27/2023 at 7:39 AM, theskits62 said:

Absolutely beautiful work (as usual) although i do miss that lovely soupy seascape you do on your waterline models.

Thanks - "soupy seascape" returning soon.  For no rational reason I intend to model all my modern ships on stands and all WW2 or earlier in soupy seas

Rob

• Thanks 1

On 05/07/2023 at 11:21, robgizlu said:

I Love the look of Visby - so futuristic.   And when will we see the River frigate worked on again?

Thank you for remember and interest. I hope very soon. I had to scratch a few last minesweeping devices, paint a few figures, and last but not least fly White Ensign. Tell us please what is your next ship. It will be our own little secret, I promiss 🤣.

Michal 

Edited by socjo1
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, socjo1 said:

Tell us please what is your next ship. It will be our own little secret, I promiss 🤣.

Michal 

Hi Michal - I'll be over on the Armour side for a while to finish a long neglected Centurion AVRE.  After that possibly one of those River things.....remember them .  I've been researching HMCS Swansea.  I've also emailed the National maritime Museum to try to get a copy of some plans for "Empire Shelter" a rescue vesssel based on the Castle Class corvette.

Hope to see you back posting soon :nodding:

Rob

• Thanks 1