Greek Mirage F1

I've just completed a trio of Mirage F1s.

spacer.png

One would have thought that got them out of my system, but apparently not.  :)  Here I am diving straight back down that rabbit hole again.

This is a Greek Mirage F1CG using the Special Hobby kit.

spacer.png

As you can see, it's been in The Stash for some time.

This will be finished in the wonderful Aegean Ghost scheme.

• Like 18

Oo, now you're talking :). I remember seeing many of these while pretending to be having a spot of lunch under the Tanagra approach with my mates :). 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Oo, now you're talking :). I remember seeing many of these while pretending to be having a spot of lunch under the Tanagra approach with my mates :). 

Were your mates Darmok and Jalad?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/10/2023 at 4:44 PM, Enzo the Magnificent said:

Were your mates Darmok and Jalad?

Let's all hope to avoid Shaka, when the model shelf fell 😁

Getting the underside color right on the Aegean scheme has always been my hesitancy in attempting it. I'm convinced the correct color is an aluminum metallic with a monotone grayish appearance, but that description alone hints at the subtle complexities involved.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, CT7567 said:

Getting the underside color right on the Aegean scheme has always been my hesitancy in attempting it. I'm convinced the correct color is an aluminum metallic with a monotone grayish appearance, but that description alone hints at the subtle complexities involved.

The ghost scheme I will be doing is a wraparound scheme so I neatly avoid that problem.  :) 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Assembly proceeds as usual.  I have built so many of these kits that I can almost do it with my eyes closed.  :fool: 

spacer.png

Probable overkill on the ballast again.

spacer.png

I always build this kit using the nose half without the IFR probe irregardless of whether the subject actually carried one.  I just know it's going to get knocked off at some point and I'll have to do battle with the dreaded carpet monster.  Best to avoid that experience altogether.  (Enzo listens...   )

spacer.png

Primed using my usual technique of numerous this coats of clear lacquer from a rattle can followed by a coat of grey plastic car primer, also from a rattle can, to even everything up.

I then sprayed a coat of Lifecolor UA-835 Grigio Beige.

spacer.png

• Like 4

Maksing of the disruptive pattern was carried out using my usual technique of Blutak worms, masking tape squares and Copydex.

spacer.png

The other two colours where Lifecolor UA-555 Aegean Ghost Grey and UA-554 Aegean Ghost Blue Grey.   These colours give the very low contrast of the scheme, which I like.  The nose was masked and sprayed UA-565 Spartan Grey.

spacer.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...