'67 Chevy Malibu, A bits box build 'The Joker'

This one started as a bag of bits from the Bay. Shell, Hood, interior and some chrome. So the bits boxes were raided...

It was never going to be prototype accurate and it's certainly turned out that way. I hope you like what you see.

And here's a link to the build

MCMQaA3.jpg

Yes, it's very green. And it has purple wheels! Hence the Joker name at the top.

I can't remember where or when I got the wheels. I stripped off the poor chrome and found purple plastic!

And, Yes, the stance is somewhat nose high, as if it's about to launch. I think it was a brief fad in the U.S?

It stems, however, from me having to use an early sixties floorpan from another car.

Lots of cutting and shutting followed and it seemed okay before final assembly. Still, this is wot we got now so I'll stick with it.

ESKyDxo.jpg

The bumper is attached to the chassis so this leaves a gap betwixt it and the grille. 

The lack of decent locating methods for the chrome on these kits always disappoints me.

WIFRR0Z.jpg

The decals are of course from the old Joker Goon car kit. I've had them for decades so it's fun to use them at last.

Oh, and Mustang tail lights. Whyever not?

v6Zgy6l.jpg

The light here shows off the purple better.

2hsVghY.jpg

The engine is a bitsbox product too. I (obviously) didn't wire it up. No one else will ever look in there anyway.

DYTo4dI.jpg

The floorpan had be altered in all sorts of directions. At least all four wheels touch the ground.

RdgDW7M.jpg

And so it joins the others on the shelf,catching dust in the mancave.

It's far from perfect but it was fun. And that's the main thing. Thanks for looking and all the comments along the way.

Next time I'll be lurking in Sci Fi again. Cheers, Pete

• Like 18

Thanks Guys. I think the weapons are still on the bits box. I built it as a Monaco Cop car decades ago.  BTW if anyone is wondering, the Goon car is green & purple.

• Like 1

It was an ERTL General Lee. Bought at a car boot 30 or so years ago.

Metal, no it was missing the hood. I was at Scampton at the time.made a new Aluminium hood and it got sprayed in Red Arrows red

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I love it!  It was as much fun to follow as you had building it.  The Mustang rear lights suit it well, good choice.  '60s American customs are very much my thing and this one's a great result.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

Cheers Pete,it's got a 'get out the way or else' look....

As befits a Gangsters car. 

Many thanks again for the nice comments, Guys.

• Like 1

Hey Pete,

that's a fantastic result!

That's a real nice Kustom!

I love the modifications (Mustang rearlights f.e.), the colour...

Ok,  at least everything. 

It's a customized stunner,  and  yes it got this special outlaw apperiance 🤩

Marco F 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Very interesting take on this one Pete. It's been a long while since I've been on here and I've missed alot of stuff but I'm glad I peeked in here to see what was going on. Nifty build brother. 

• Thanks 1