Junkers Ju88D of 1.(F) 121, Egypt 1942 Revell 1/32 with lights and rotating props

This was built from Revell`s "Technik" boxing of its huge 1/32 Ju88A-4. I converted it into a reconnaissance version using Profimodeller decals and scratchbuilt camera windows. I chose the subject because of its interesting camo scheme. Paints are mainly Gunze (RLM 78 and 79) and some Tamiya, camo was sprayed freehand.

It was made for the "Reconnaissance and Scouting" GB. The installation of the lights and motors takes some time and effort and some of it looks good in the end. Unfortunately the cockpit lighting is very dim and I misplaced the right position light. So it is hardly visible. Well, better next time...  Unfortunately the kit comes without a sound kit, so the engines run silently.

spacer.png

The model has wing and rear position lights, landing lights, cockpit lights and two electric motors. A programmed circuit board starts the lights and motors and shuts them off in sequence.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Landing light on:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for looking

Volker

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Wonderful workmanship! Looks very cool. Interesting to see how the RLM 79 turns out under different light conditions on the 4th photograph.

best regards 

Andy 

• Like 1

Excellent job!  👏   That paint scheme has turned out well, and the lights add the extra interest. 

Keith 😁 

• Like 1