I picked up a couple of 3D printed Gonk droids off eBay the other day, cos I love Gonk droids.  No idea why, I just do :shrug:

It's about the fourth figure I've painted now after a 30 year break, the other two being the B1 Battle Droids I painted the other day.  I'll post up some pics of them shortly.  I'm still learning the ropes, and painted this with an orange go-faster stripe just because I could, but I think it was a bit too thin, as it took too many coats and you can see brush-marks if you look closely :rolleyes:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I've still got his buddy to do, and I plan on doing him a different colour, and as you can see it's also going to be based somewhere like a star ship or base.

• Like 13

Those are nice little models Mike.  I've liked those since the film was doing the rounds but I didn't realise that they were called Gonks.  It just shows how much attention I paid when Storm Troopers weren'around! :undecided:

Mike

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bootneck said:

I didn't realise that they were called Gonks. 

There was one on the Sand Crawler when Artoo and Threepio were captured by the Jawas.  It just shuffled past the camera going "GONK!" at random intervals. :shrug: They developed them into wandering batteries or 'Power Droids' later on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Very nice work, Mike. How big are they? Banananana sized mayhap?

:lol: about 20mm tall for this little fella at a guess. He’s only just over waist height IRL. 

As a rule of banana, the bases fit inside the edges of the lid of a Gunze paint pot. 

• Thanks 1