Hasegawa 1-72 MV-22B Osprey

Hi all,

This is one of two builds that I flew through in the last few weeks, trying to get my mojo back after not building anything for a year. So it was quick and dirty, cutting corners and if I hit any issues I didn't put a lot of effort into fixing them. The main point was getting something finished!

It was my first Hasegawa kit and I like it, decent fit, though the cockpit canopy was too wide! The decals weren't great either, a little too thick and they do love their carrier film. Still, I like the Osprey, it's a nicely strange looking aircraft, and it stands out on the shelf, not least due to the size of the rotors! :)

As always, all comments welcome!

Kit: Hasegawa MV-22B Osprey
Scale: 1:72
Paint & Weathering: MRP, Tamiya and Revell paints, Oil Washes.
Extras: None

qohS-zx4fnO83NHRnP0quCIWKpK5J6K3nYYHshlh

vZnw_f8bzGoeJXFBran9x7rlTLeU05pwIXlaUT5t

An1A0xuVkVy0S8i3hYWIZ0qkDwHCoTlBJqVkCxcp

2k5AsQeyNH9n6QX2SbU22oK5nfuxSsdz_hMxva7D

njklmcUj7U6amMbe3ZY4sb9PcdJprEai9QjCmOXg

uitPnwGUuM7phYuRPMvnGBzNEL5HgPoMvlC9NZ3u

VjE0jt6zUwa1KUXLGtzIICLbrSpHmzHqiKk3_3CX

kjiPRttiLszFza1qBj35UE3NogLcLi8mUtTsM57a

77KNcyBnOKIq_eiQanOyGhiXztwZJ_gdTWN-Mb1r

EuxMB6oQHxSQeMti13M8GSZm_8p4Q9DtObBe5_pC

• Like 69
  • Thanks 2

Looks really good to me, very interesting aircraft, seen one in the flesh recently and they are getting uglier by the minute, lots of new lumps and bumps! Good job!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Farmerboy said:

getting uglier by the minute, lots of new lumps and bumps!

Hey, I resemble that remark!  LOL.  Great model, and it looks the part.  Yes, the V-22 is God's Curse on Aviation, but it's the future, so...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Amazing build, it looks great!! I saw one of these flying several years back and was amazed at how big those propellers are. They look huge in photos, but seeing them in real life made them seem even larger. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Excellent job on the Osprey! I've been going to airshows for some 50 years now and I've seen many dozens of different types of aircraft. I have to admit that the Osprey was about the only one I looked at and thought, 'No way would I fly in that thing!'. Still, I've always liked the unusual look of it, and it makes for an interesting and different-looking model.

Regards,

Jason

• Thanks 1

Excellent build..

I think the Osprey is a fascinating aircraft. Have seen the Mildenhall aircraft in the air a few times, big, quiet and fast.

• Thanks 1