3d printed IA-58 Pucará in 1:48 (Kosmosur3d)

Because the Kinetic Pucará's price has gone way off my reach (175$), I decided to buy the low cost option for 25$ from Kosmosur 3d in 1:48 and Aerocalcas decals.

The model came bagged, with three smaller bags inside the bigger one. Three fuselage halves, props, wheels, cockpit, underwing stores, engine nacelles, gear struts, and a vacuformed canopy. 

Dry fit showed a very nice fit so far. As per usual Kosmosur job, the assembly of the fuselage is a but joint, so I used epoxy instead of CA to glue the halves. I don't wish to press harder that I should and break the seams and fuselage. One thing I did to modify the nacelles was ro remove the prop shaft, they were too big for the mounting hole at the back of the prop.

Here you can see the first photo, the aircraft with the flaps in the retracted position. A 60 gramme weight can also be seen inside the cockpit opening, so no pilot for this one. 

LELEeXK.jpeg

I wanted to raise the quality of this kit a bit, so I scored the flaps panel lines until I could remove them from the wing. These were then reglued in the extended position with epoxi and secured with some CA. Vallejo's Plastic Putty was used to improve the union. 

The dark grey is there to check the filled seams of the fuselage.

hDdacYo.jpeg

Here's a photo of the decal sheet I'll be using. It's from Aerocalcas, and comes with options for one high visibiliy plane, and a low viz one. I plan on using the hight visibility option. As you can see, A-511, Tomba's aircraft is included. I don't know if I'll be using that one, of the Mauritanian scheme in sand and brown. 

5QghZq2.jpeg

• Like 4

Hola señor Santoro,

Did you mean USD $175 for a Kinetic Pucará kit, mate? :hmmm:Wow...

The other day I was strolling the streets at Cabildo Ave. near "El Expreso de Oriente" by sheer chance. Went by that hobby shop just to make time for my rendezvous, and I happened to see on their showcase exactly the Mr Hobby colour I was after. I had enough quid to lunch a medium size Grand Triple McNífique burger, chips and Coke; that's ARS $5000. Thought that I might as well buy the paint, but I was shocked to find out that, with what I had in my pocket, it was either the paint or the lunch! :analintruder:

Our economy is really going down the drain.

Say, what about the Pucará kit by Dukel Hobbies? They say it's a winner too.

Will gladly follow your progress here.

Cheers,

Igna