Fairey Barracuda Mk.II 1/72 Special Hobby

Great work as always, Libor! Was the kit that bad or was it just normal limited-run type issues (sand, fit, sand again...)? I ask as I've seriously thought about buying this kit (I built the Frog kit decades ago, and I have the MPM kit). For some strange reason, I've always liked the Barracuda.

Regards,

Jason

• Thanks 1

Amazing result. The Barracuda is very appealing, even if the kit isn't; your elegant paintwork really brings out its characteristics. You've inspired me to tackle mine, despite the cautionary note. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Redboost said:

.. Basically, not really a kit you would love to tackle again anytime soon…

Having built this kit myself, I feel your pain!  Nonetheless, yours looks great ( better than mine, but I was going for the ‘very heavily used in harsh environments’ look ).

For @Learstang, it’s not an especially bad kit, for being a short run one.

Bill

• Thanks 1

Excellent job, well finished, love it.

SH kits do provide lots of “opportunities” for enhancing modelling skills but looks like you have mastered this kit.  Well done..

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Learstang said:

Was the kit that bad or was it just normal limited-run type issues (sand, fit, sand again...)? 

Regards,

Jason

As it has been advised by other colleagues, it is not a bad kit indeed. I like the expression "kit with lots of opportunities" 🙂

Many thanks everyone for kind comments!

Cheers

Libor

• Thanks 1