Daleks…..

IMG-2355.jpg

Progress. The sphere needs a bit more work not happy with the foil, I like the effect but it’s not really neat enough. The skirt isn’t too bad just needs a little trimming and the base is pretty much finished as are the other two bases.

• Like 2

IMG-2357.jpgRepaired the dome after dropping it :( ,redid the foil because I wasn’t happy with it, covered the skirt with 20 thou sheet trimmed it and attached it to the dome. I’ll prime the assembly before I add the gun boxes.

• Like 2

IMG-2364.jpg
i key thinking my emperor was a bit in the short side then I realized I had completely forgotten the section for the gun boxes, doh.

The main ring is glued, the upper and lower bands are just dry fitted.

So after considerable messing about with paper templates and plastic sheet the middle section is finished and aside from ears, stalks and spheres the Emperor is well on the way to being finished!! 

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

IMG-2367.jpg

Gun boxes fabricated and just bluetacked in place for now.

IMG-2369.jpg

The dome is stuck in place and a coat of primer. Then a bit of filling/sanding and we’re probably ready for some gold paint….

• Like 6

this is a very novel and interesting build you are doing Marklo.  It's going to look great when completed, keep up the good work! :clap2:  I hope that you do not mind me mentioning, for anyone living or visiting Somerset on the 25th June, the Helicopter Museum at Weston Super Mare  is having a Dalek extravaganza to mark the 60th anniversary of the Daleks.

cheers,
Mike

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bootneck said:

I hope that you do not mind me mentioning, for anyone living or visiting Somerset on the 25th June, the Helicopter Museum at Weston Super Mare  is having a Dalek extravaganza to mark the 60th anniversary of the Daleks.

Not at all, but I would so love to be able to go to it :) 

I did get to go with my daughter to the Dr Who exhibition in Wembley in 2008 and it was amazing.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

IMG-2658.jpgSlowly building up resin parts. That’s the  eight light fittings needed for the emperor and twelve hemispheres but I need about 150, I’lol do another batch of resin parts then I might use all twenty four to make a vac form sheet of which I’ll need to make seven for the three Daleks.

• Like 1