Hasegawa Kfir C2 built OOB in IAF colours.

Good to see you on here Steve. Great choice and I’ll admit a subject I’ve often overlooked in the past for one reason or another. Might have to change that one day. 
Cheers and all the best.. Dave 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Wings unlevel said:

Nice choice Steve, I’m surprised this kit hadn’t made an appearance in this GB til now!

1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Good to see you on here Steve. Great choice and I’ll admit a subject I’ve often overlooked in the past for one reason or another. Might have to change that one day. 
Cheers and all the best.. Dave 

I long fancied doing this in its earlier scheme, strictly Humbrol 119, 120 & 121 with the underside possibly a mix of 23 & a pale grey of some description, something to play with a bit but not having a swatch it'll be my take on what I see from online photos & sources. The fact that the Kfir was really just a hot rodded Mirage makes it even better. :) 

Steve.

• Like 3

Hello @stevehnz,

great choice. I really like the Kfir, and the israeli camo as well. I personally would airbrush the yellow triangles, I do hate big decals. Looking forward to seeing what you make out of the kit. 

10 hours ago, stevehnz said:

with the underside possibly a mix of 23 & a pale grey of some description

Since you're using Humbrol, their 122 is a match for the FS35622 of this scheme.

Cheers,

Andre

8 minutes ago, Hook said:

Since you're using Humbrol, their 122 is a match for the FS35622 of this scheme.

Cheers,

Andre

I would if I could but afaik, 122 has been OOP since before I returned to modelling 20 years ago, at least in our neck of the woods. Never fear though, I've a cunning plan. ;) :D 

11 minutes ago, Sam said:

Hello @stevehnz,

great choice. I really like the Kfir, and the israeli camo as well. I personally would airbrush the yellow triangles, I do hate big decals. Looking forward to seeing what you make out of the kit. 

I'm not an air brusher Sam so I'm going to have to try & get along with the decals. I'll be hoping the Bedding with Klear method I use will work with them.

Steve.

Some quite good progress the last couple of days, this was this afternoon, since then, I've got the wings on, some inake scoops on & the drop tanks glued up, I don't think there'll be much filling/rubbing back to be done so hopefully some paint on by the end of the week.

IMG_20230425_231620

Steve.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been totally idle, in fact I've made some good progress & now have an whole covered airframe, albeit 1st coats only on the topside. To save my brain from exploding as I tried to marry up several different sources of the camo pattern I've stuck to the Hasegawa pattern which appeared to be largely representative. Some of the transitions from the plan view to left & right profiles were less than clear so I've made up what I think looked about right for these. Reference photos for these & the Nesher, which I'd assume was largely similarat this time, are very hard to come by. It is what it is. The blanks on the wings & tail are where the big black & yellow triangular markings will go. The underside is the same shade as the nearest drop tank, a pale greyish green, as represented by Humbrol 147. I found so many conflicting sources of what the colours should have been that I've gone for a middle ground sort of colour, not as green as FS35622 but greener than FS36622 & I'm happy with how it looks. A few more days & I should be able to get on with the decals/

IMG_20230504_224341

Steve.

• Like 5

Looking good!

IDF/AF schemes of the day were painted freehand it seems, there could be quite some variation between airframes.

Cheers,

Andre

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Hook said:

IDF/AF schemes of the day were painted freehand it seems, there could be quite some variation between airframes.

Hi Andre, yes, that's what I'm getting from my meagre reference resources too, so this will have a representataive scheme on it. :)

Steve.

On 5/10/2023 at 7:03 AM, stevehnz said:

I'm totally amazed though I haven't managed to knock the pitot off

Well, now you have totally jinxed it. :)

Cheers,

Andre

• Haha 1

A beginning with the decals, started with the big yellow & black triangles which went on pretty well, just some small touch ups required & I'll do those & give them another Klear coat before cracking on with the rest of them, the walkways promise to be fun. :(

IMG_20230514_223005

Steve.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, I've done some more decals on this, they've been well behaved to date & it 's all been going well, though as this photo shows, the pitot got a slight dose of being busted today, nothing that won't glue back on though. :) 

IMG_20230530_000610

Steve.

• Like 5