I currently have four ongoing builds in this groupbuild.  Three are approaching the final furlong.  It's a long groupbuild, so why not start another?  :lol: 

This one is a true classic.  The Hasegawa Mirage F1C, from 1983.  I love this kit and have built numerous models from it over the years.  It has been surpassed by the recent Special Hobby kit but in my opinion it is still very worthwhile and stands up well in comparison to the SH kit.

spacer.png

A few years ago I had a number of these in The Stash (mostly the Revell boxing) but I have built them all.  This is my last one. 

The kit is typical Hasegawa fare from that period, with raised panel lines and a very sparse cockpit.  But it's a pure joy to build. :thumbsup:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

This is gonna be fun!  :bounce:  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The sparse cockpit has had the decals applied and is ready for installation.

spacer.png

Plenty of room for ballast.  This is self-adhesive lead strip intended for making stained glass windows.

spacer.png

Intakes painted up and ready for fitment.

spacer.png

Main assembly complete.

spacer.png

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

I primed the model with a coat of clear lacquer followed by grey plastic car primer from a rattle can.  The main colour was spraayed with Vallejo 70.900 Mirage Blue.

spacer.png

The uppersurfaces were then masked and the undersurfaces were sprayed aluminium from a rattle can.  The anti-glare panel was sprayed with Tamiya XF-69 NATO Black.  The radome used Lifecolor UA-734 Worn Black. 

spacer.png

• Like 3

Decal application is ongoing.  I don't think that Hasegawa were confident that they could print the roundels in register, so each roundel has three layers.  The blue central spot is yet to be applied on the port wing.

spacer.png

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...