Tiger Gruppe Fehrmann

Stef N.

I bought this a few months ago on a whim, (basically the price was really good), so I thought I'd crack on with it, because it is a big, complex kit. Due to a lack of photographic evidence I can play around with it without getting too concerned about overall accuracy and just have fun with it, colouring, detailing and weathering wise.

It comes in a big box with some great cover art. This is the version Night Shift did and his videos on it are great. Full of great ideas and top tips.

p?i=ad57b2943bc30ccf9cfc08b9d036c3d2

I won't do the obligatory sprue shot, but needless to say there are plenty of them. It's a lot of kit. But everything is in there so I won't need any aftermarket. Plus I have some spare stuff from my Sturmtiger builds just in case.

p?i=d1d8bff39b8a63e4e07e3aafbeb431b6

I bought some decals ages ago. I think F05 will be my choice.

p?i=7aa25afc3315adf9f0ba258928454174

Cheers all.👍

• Like 15

Ay up Steph, I'll be following this closely, especially the "MagicTracks" bit. 

I've got a Dragon Jagdpanzer iv with them and wouldn't have a clue where to start. 

Looking forward with interest.

Watto

• Like 1

You spread out the parts on your work desk and say "Abracadabra"!

Hey presto you just then wrap them round the running gear..............................

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, echen said:

You spread out the parts on your work desk and say "Abracadabra"!

Hey presto you just then wrap them round the running gear..............................

I shall remember your words and quote them when my missus finds me crying in the corner... 😁😉

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Watto said:

Ay up Steph, I'll be following this closely, especially the "MagicTracks" bit. 

I've got a Dragon Jagdpanzer iv with them and wouldn't have a clue where to start. 

Looking forward with interest.

Watto

Cheers Watto. I will have a play around with the tracks tonight and see if they are magic or tragic. 👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Stef N. said:

Cheers Watto. I will have a play around with the tracks tonight and see if they are magic or tragic. 👍

I think the Magic is a tad overstated to be honest. The magic bit is that they are off the sprue so need minimal clear up, just the two ejector marks on each track.😐 They are individual track links that hold together a bit but will need some slow cure glue for the placing around the wheels and the sag. Nicely detailed though. It will just take time and prepainting of the base colour.

• Like 2

Oh I see, a tad disappointing then. And looking at my stash, I have two opportunities to experience the “Magic”. I hope all goes well for your build, which I’ll be interested to hear and see as it progresses. “Now that’s magic…” 🥴👍🏼

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Muchmirth said:

Also f05 would be my choice too! The scheme looks like a mash up.

diy zimmerit? 

I have a load of old scrap Atak zimmerit which I was thinking of chopping up into pieces and using up. If that fails then I will have to try out making my own and seeing how that goes.👍

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

If that fails then I will have to try out making my own and seeing how that goes.

In my limited experience I found that the "greenstuff" @M3talpig sent me worked best in preference to Revell Model putty and Milliput. Rolled out or spread under greaseproof paper it's tricky to get it thin enough but at least with the longish drying time you get a big enough window to work with it before it hardens off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice one Maddoxx, happy to have you along. It may go a bit over the top but it will be fun to try out a few new things.👍

I haven't got your problem of unnumbered sprues but I do have a few with the same letters. Which makes looking for C10 or P7, for example, a bit of a chore.

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

Nice one Maddoxx, happy to have you along. It may go a bit over the top but it will be fun to try out a few new things.👍

I haven't got your problem of unnumbered sprues but I do have a few with the same letters. Which makes looking for C10 or P7, for example, a bit of a chore.

Maybe that's even more of a challenge. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ok, my other project is very nearly finished, just waiting for paint to dry, so I thought I'd dust this off and crack on with it. The boring bit at the minute which means a lot of wheels need cleaning up. I thought I'd number them just in case.

As with most modern kits, Dragon gives you full length and movable torsion bars/axles. Unfortunately they are very loose so they have been held in with masking fluid. They're still movable but secure.

p?i=00f6863f79e01805fce34db9bff51f85

p?i=c0495e861d38f84b7e77c235da039dc4

On 21/04/2023 at 15:05, Muchmirth said:

Also f05 would be my choice too! The scheme looks like a mash up.

diy zimmerit? 

I thought I had loads of spare bits of Atak zim but there isn't enough so I will have to learn a bit of DIY. I'll look for some GreenStuff putty that @echen suggested and get some tools too.

• Like 10

The Greenstuff putty suggestion was originally from @M3talpig. He sent me some which I used on my Tiger 1 Ausf E. Trick is to apply it a lot thinner than I managed on that build. (Tiger Superthread)

Edited by echen
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IanC said:

Watching with interest Stef. It's a long while since I built a Dragon AFV kit but you certainly get a lot in the box. 🙂

Tons of stuff and I think a lot of leftovers. There's already 3 spare drive wheels. 😀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Keeff said:

And so it begins ..... time for a fresh cuppa now you're getting stuck in! 

Keith 😁 

Sorry mate , your original cuppa must have been a horrible stewed mess. I got side tracked by other shiny plastic, which is easy to do. 😳😀

• Haha 1