Jump to content

Messerschmitt 323 Gigant. Kit Italeri 1/72


Recommended Posts

Congrats Alain, this is a truly excellent model. The concept of a heavy lift transport plane was maybe ahead of its time. However, the Luftwaffe suffered a disaster when mounting a major airlift operation to resupply the Afrikakorps. On April 22nd 1943 17 Me 323 were shoot down by Spitfires and Kittyhawks of the Desert Air Force.

Edited by 112 Squadron
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

At 1/72 scale, either that has a massive wingspan or your table is small!  

Seriously, what a great build 👏, stunning! 

An aircraft ahead of it's time and apparently there is the wreck of one in 65 metres of water off the coast of Sardinia 

 

Keith 😁 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, 112 Squadron said:

Congrats Alain, this is a truly excellent model. The concept of a heavy lift transport plane was maybe ahead of its time. However, the Luftwaffe suffered a disaster when mounting a major airlift operation to resupply the Afrikakorps. On April 22nd 1943 17 Me 323 were shoot down by Spitfires and Kittyhawks of the Desert Air Force.

Thank you mate. Yes you are right, A real turkey shooting.

 

Alain

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have this kit in the stash, but have held off tackling it.  It is nice to see it built.  And it is built so nicely and finished so well.  What were your impressions of how well the kit built up and the potential problems.  Thanks for sharing.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, georgeusa said:

I have this kit in the stash, but have held off tackling it.  It is nice to see it built.  And it is built so nicely and finished so well.  What were your impressions of how well the kit built up and the potential problems.  Thanks for sharing.

Go on to do it man. It is not a bad kit to build according his age, My box was one of the first, because it it still Italeirei and not Italeri. No big surprise for this plane, ecxept the place.

 

Alain

 

PS : it's brush paint.😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MACALAIN said:

Go on to do it man. It is not a bad kit to build according his age, My box was one of the first, because it it still Italeirei and not Italeri. No big surprise for this plane, ecxept the place.

Alain

PS : it's brush paint.😉

Mine is labelled the same way.  And, I am always impressed with how well you can pull off the finish of your kits with the hairy stick.  I am still just a novice using an airbrush and most of my older kits are brush painted.  I still paint all the interior parts by hand.  I just use the airbrush for the exterior camo schemes.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Hopesdaddy said:

Excellent looking giant, hard to believe that the 323 ( and it's immense size for the time) was developed as a powered version of a glider.

Thank you very much.

 

Alain

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, georgeusa said:

Mine is labelled the same way.  And, I am always impressed with how well you can pull off the finish of your kits with the hairy stick.  I am still just a novice using an airbrush and most of my older kits are brush painted.  I still paint all the interior parts by hand.  I just use the airbrush for the exterior camo schemes.

Long lived the brush painters😉

 

Alain

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 04/04/2023 at 17:59, Keeff said:

At 1/72 scale, either that has a massive wingspan or your table is small!  

Seriously, what a great build 👏, stunning! 

An aircraft ahead of it's time and apparently there is the wreck of one in 65 metres of water off the coast of Sardinia 

 

Keith 😁 

Thank you very much. Both, table is small, and kit is big😄.

 

Alain

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, ianBke said:

Your going to need a considerably bigger shelf!😂

 

Great build 👍👍

Thank you. Here is a picture for you

And there is still place for other kit😉spacer.png

Alain

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A monster aeroplane beautifully modelled Alain, too big for me though, after wanting one of these for years, I bought a 1/144 version, still big enough to look the part I think though not as well as yours. 👍

Steve.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Mike changed the title to Messerschmitt 323 Gigant. Kit Italeri 1/72
On 04/04/2023 at 17:59, Keeff said:

An aircraft ahead of it's time and apparently there is the wreck of one in 65 metres of water off the coast of Sardinia 

 Indeed there is one. According to the homepage, this plane and another were shoot down by Beaufighters of 144 Squadron on June 26th 1943:

 

https://orsodiving.com/de/messerschmitt-323/

Edited by 112 Squadron
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, stevehnz said:

A monster aeroplane beautifully modelled Alain, too big for me though, after wanting one of these for years, I bought a 1/144 version, still big enough to look the part I think though not as well as yours. 👍

Steve.

Yes Steve, it's always a big plane, self in 1/144. And thank you

 

Alain

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...